• Total voters

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Hard choice for me between a Beretta 92 variant or an M&P 2.0 full size. have compact versions of both for backup but in the end I chose the Beretta (either my 92X DAO or Wilson Vertec Centurion) since I have way more mags including 20 & 30 rounders.

I'll slide my extra M&P mags to the OP :)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Why the focus on pistol? How many here wouldn't have at least one rifle of their own for something like this?
    I believe he said you would either be issued a M4 or provide your own AR type rifle. They will supply you with ammo.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Well to be honest a pistol is not that useful in a combat situation IME.

I drew my pistol twice in anger and never fired it. The average dude would be better served with more ammo or other kit.

I guess I would highjack my wife’s G45 I have a full retention holster for it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well to be honest a pistol is not that useful in a combat situation IME.

I drew my pistol twice in anger and never fired it. The average dude would be better served with more ammo or other kit.

I guess I would highjack my wife’s G45 I have a full retention holster for it.
    Agreed but things happen.
    Situation are fluid especially in the face of your enemy that is as intent on ending you as you are him but you are more aware of this than I am of course.
    A side arm to me is as important as a rifle. The proper side arm anyway. You guys can have the 9mm pieces. The only reason CKW runs one is recoil impulse.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think the OP was focusing on a sidearm in addition to a rifle.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The scenario is an invasion of the US mainland by a nation-state (China).

Are we by the law of armed conflict restricted to FMJ?

I’m leaning towards “does this look like ****ing Geneva to you?” in this scenario, but I wanted to throw it out there.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The scenario is an invasion of the US mainland by a nation-state (China).

Are we by the law of armed conflict restricted to FMJ?

I’m leaning towards “does this look like ****ing Geneva to you?” in this scenario, but I wanted to throw it out there.
    As a non-combantant denizen, am I constrained to the Geneva Convention?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Dang, look at all the Glocks in the poll. Double the number the next highest. Hmmm...

Food for thought?

One of the main reasons I chose the Glock platform years back when the need to move to a modern striker fired pistol seemed obvious. A gun the same as or compatible with the majority of guns, parts, gear, etc out there.

Seem like a good idea to have the most likely pistol you are given or pick up off the ground to be one you are very familiar with shooting?

A good idea for the provided or found pistol or magazines to fit in the gear you already have on your belt?

:dunno:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Why the focus on pistol? How many here wouldn't have at least one rifle of their own for something like this?
    Cause it's the Handgun subforum. And I like handguns. :)

I realize that they are secondary weapons in any such conflict, and that the rifle/carbine is more important. I think a similar thread for long guns would be kinda boring, as it would likely be AR platform, AK platform or "other." I know I'd definitely go AR platform if I'm gonna be in the mix with our armed forces. May have a couple of AKs leaning against the wall at home, though.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Dang, look at all the Glocks in the poll. Double the number the next highest. Hmmm...

Food for thought?

One of the main reasons I chose the Glock platform years back when the need to move to a modern striker fired pistol seemed obvious. A gun the same as or compatible with the majority of guns, parts, gear, etc out there.

Seem like a good idea to have the most likely pistol you are given or pick up off the ground to be one you are very familiar with shooting?

A good idea for the provided or found pistol or magazines to fit in the gear you already have on your belt?

:dunno:
    If my weapons need replaced I'm sure there will be many laying around to choose from and or parts. In fact if it's a prolonged war we will most likely be using our enemies weapons and ammunition.

Top Bottom