• Total voters

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dang, look at all the Glocks in the poll. Double the number the next highest. Hmmm...

Food for thought?

One of the main reasons I chose the Glock platform years back when the need to move to a modern striker fired pistol seemed obvious. A gun the same as or compatible with the majority of guns, parts, gear, etc out there.

Seem like a good idea to have the most likely pistol you are given or pick up off the ground to be one you are very familiar with shooting?

A good idea for the provided or found pistol or magazines to fit in the gear you already have on your belt?

:dunno:
    I full well expected this.
    In the heat of it use what you are familiar with and trust your life to.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Its comforting knowing JMB is still favorable amongst such men.

That being said I'm still grabbing my G22. It's one of my oldest and most trained with HG. Lots of support, especially when agencies dumped them in record numbers for the Sig. :ugh: Made used mags cheap and available.

Also, with .40s&w I get to watch their head and my hand explode simultaneously. That's almost as cool as a musket face-splosion.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    As a non-combantant denizen, am I constrained to the Geneva Convention?
    In this case we are part of the “ sedentary militia” And would be under the command and control of the Indiana guard reserve. Indiana being a state in the United States, the United States being a signatory to the Geneva conventions, States can’t enter treaties.

I was just putting it out there for discussion, I think from the law of armed conflict point of view, we would be subject to the Geneva conventions.

with that said, if the excrement is making physical contact with the Hydro electric powered oscillating air current distribution device to this level, I think Winnie the Pooh’s boys Will realize real quick they are not in Switzerland.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    In this case we are part of the “ sedentary militia” And would be under the command and control of the Indiana guard reserve. Indiana being a state in the United States, the United States being a signatory to the Geneva conventions, States can’t enter treaties.

I was just putting it out there for discussion, I think from the law of armed conflict point of view, we would be subject to the Geneva conventions.

with that said, if the excrement is making physical contact with the Hydro electric powered oscillating air current distribution device to this level, I think Winnie the Pooh’s boys Will realize real quick they are not in Switzerland.
    I bet a lot more would be forming their own groups and they wouldn't give a crap about any law or taking prisoners.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Its comforting knowing JMB is still favorable amongst such men.

That being said I'm still grabbing my G22. It's one of my oldest and most trained with HG. Lots of support, especially when agencies dumped them in record numbers for the Sig. :ugh: Made used mags cheap and available.

Also, with .40s&w I get to watch their head and my hand explode simultaneously. That's almost as cool as a musket face-splosion.
    Yup. 2nd overall to the G****s

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    China has invaded the mainland United States. Indiana National Guard units are largely deployed outside of the state to meet the enemy, so citizen volunteers are tasked with hometown defense operations, loosely organized under the command of the Indiana National Guard Reserve, to supplement any remaining Indiana National Guard and regular US Armed Forces units left to defend Hoosier soil.

A limited number of M4 carbines are available to citizen volunteers, especially those with prior service. All other volunteers will be asked to provide their own AR platform carbine or rifle, and will provided with 5.56 ammunition and magazines as supply amounts allow.

Pistols and magazines will not be provided, but 9mm ammunition will be available to be issued. Volunteers can provide their own handgun and ammunition in any caliber and platform, but will have to supply their own magazines and ammunition outside of standard issue 9mm FMJ.

What pistol are ya packing, INGO?

Why is this limited to a single selection?

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Why is this limited to a single selection?

giphy.gif

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    As a non-combantant denizen, am I constrained to the Geneva Convention?

When a bunch of mother ****ing commies are providing me with dynamic target practice, I have no damns to give.

I'll check the Geneva rules later... maybe.... probably not.... actually not at all likely.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    More important question is that if China would attack us on our shores, would we even have a chance to pull a trigger before the current administration (and our governor) surrendered?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    More important question is that if China would attack us on our shores, would we even have a chance to pull a trigger before the current administration (and our governor) surrendered?
    They would not need to surrender. They would have invited them here themselves.

Still sticking with my P226s. If I can't shoot them, I could club them with it.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    the answer is probably glock. Im not a glock expert by any means but doesn't the 26 work with most glock double stack 9mm mags? Most people seem to have glocks, the glock community loves to slap a glock sticker on their vehicles. Makes it easier a month in to find parts/ mags.

Top Bottom