• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    there's alot of discussion about nagants, CZ everything, and the like but has anyone thought to put that stuff in a thread? Just thought this would be an idea.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Yeah you can ever find any info about Mosin-Nagants on here.......................

should that have been purple?

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Let me make a contribution to the new thread. :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG_odS0HSfY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ_XCZsfrr0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcc99z8PPQw[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd1Zhe17CX4[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk7T_8SjhT0[/ame]

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Cerebus85,

I shoot mostly milsurp so I understand where you are coming from.

The issue as I see it is that there simply is not enough interest on these boards to necessarily warrant such a separation.

Here we have the categories of "General", "Longarms", and "Pistols." Imagine how it would be if we broke down the Pistol category into Glocks, Berettas, H&Ks, Military Pistols, etc.

I see these boards as being a very good overall source of firearms discussion.

Should you want to see a TON of milsurp info go to Gunboards.com. That is ALL that is there, mostly.

Their categories are on Mosins, Mauser s, French, British, Sniper Rifles, etc. Here on INGO we have a great resource of people with varying areas of expertise, which I like. There, everyone is focused predominantly on milsurp and not a lot else.

Do not misunderstand me, we have a lot of great experts and knowledgeable people here. It is just that on the Gunboards that is the primary focus of all discussions.

I appreciate the variety that each site has to offer, but that is just me. I think I prefer the variety of INGO along with the ability to meet more of the people I chat with online.

Just my :twocents:.

Regards,

Doug

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo

I'm sort of offended that you didn't include your M1 Carbine review. :)

Your clips really are solid. I really enjoy my P38/P1s. Even though I know the pistol's place in history I still watched your vid just because I knew it was going to be a good watch. :yesway: Content-wise, I think you're as good as any "Top Pistols" type shows that are on the Military channel or the Military History Channel.

Of course, those kinds of shows would probably replace your discussion about the barrel locking system with some stock WWII footage. And mention D-Day. :)

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    there's alot of discussion about nagants, CZ everything, and the like but has anyone thought to put that stuff in a thread? Just thought this would be an idea.
    Do you mean a "sticky" ? You can ask for one in the long guns, or in handguns... If you don't know what I am talking about, just look at ammo and reloading ...

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I'm sort of offended that you didn't include your M1 Carbine review. :)

Your clips really are solid. I really enjoy my P38/P1s. Even though I know the pistol's place in history I still watched your vid just because I knew it was going to be a good watch. :yesway: Content-wise, I think you're as good as any "Top Pistols" type shows that are on the Military channel or the Military History Channel.

Of course, those kinds of shows would probably replace your discussion about the barrel locking system with some stock WWII footage. And mention D-Day. :)
    Thanks, it means a lot you guys enjoy the vids.

cassaireland05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Hillsboro IN

Are you wanting its own topic about military surplus ammo and guns. If so I really like this idea because that is all we pretty much own. :) I love my assault rifles!!! :) Bigger the better!!! :D. :welcome

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    yeah it wouldn't be nothing crazy difficult or intense but just a little more organized in one spot..I like the odd old firearms as much has i like the new stuff, it just seems a little overlooked.. but hey this isn't a bad start.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    the CMP rifles...what do most of you guys think of them are they decent? i was thinking of getting once because they are such a good price and ive wanted a garand, I'm kinda debating driving there and getting int myself

mrzachary

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    I must say that I really liked your CZ-82 review, full-auto. It was the first well made review on that amazing pistol I have seen. I picked one up awhile ago and have been loving it ever since. Smooth trigger. Accurate. My finish doesn't look quite as good as yours but that doesn't bother me. I use it as my primary carry, camp, hike, fishing gun.

On another milsurp point, my FAL is built on an IMBEL milsurp parts kit. I like old military surplus guns.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    there is alot of options for military shooters out there and they are not all in random calibers or makes Really its one of the least expensive ways to get someone involved in shooting thats why i dont know why there isn't more interest.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    the CMP rifles...what do most of you guys think of them are they decent? i was thinking of getting once because they are such a good price and ive wanted a garand, I'm kinda debating driving there and getting int myself
    Get it. It's a nice little road trip up to Port Clinton. Well worth it! :)

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    well if i go down there and get a rifle i want something that is pretty decent and won't just sling lead when i shoot. What should I ask for? And i get to pick my own right?

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Top Bottom