• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Not a normal INGO reaction without a libertarian comment.

Legalization of all drugs would remove the money from the cartels. One shipment of illegal fentanyl could be seized and made into safer monitorEd dosages. Have an addiction get a prescription.

remove The money remove the cartels. How long once the dollar bills stop flowing south would the cartels last. A decade maybe? Under prohibition certain cartels inside the USA became very powerful. How long after prohibition did their power last? In some case till today sure.

If I offend someone who has had the unfortunate issues with friends or family members suffering from addiction or have payed the price with the loss of a loved one I apologize in advance as addictions can be a horrid thing for family or an addict to have to deal with.

End the war on drugs. Spend that money on addiction and recover programs. Drug addicts are going to use and certain percentage of the population will use till it kills them no matter what we do about it.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    American kids on LiveLeak, yeah that's what I can't wait to see :rolleyes:

The average American can't name three Mexican cartels or even three Mexican states, unless they read Don Winslow novels. Those people down there have been fighting the government, each other, and themselves for going on three generations. All while managing a cash flow bigger than most countries.

We have absolutely no business entertaining any kind of major military intervention in Mexico.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    American kids on LiveLeak, yeah that's what I can't wait to see :rolleyes:

The average American can't name three Mexican cartels or even three Mexican states, unless they read Don Winslow novels. Those people down there have been fighting the government, each other, and themselves for going on three generations. All while managing a cash flow bigger than most countries.

We have absolutely no business entertaining any kind of major military intervention in Mexico.
    It can be done by a button push and most target areas would be inert.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    This would be a good start.
    Saudi Arabia Customs form.jpg
    I saw this when I first went into Saudi Arabia as a contractor. I immediately thought about the 90 day supply of meds I had in my checked bags.
    Treat the Cartels and all who facilitate them as the terrorist organizations they are and start doing drone strikes on Cartel strongholds. The Mexican Government gets pissed? So what? We would be doing more that they have ever done. Smugglers get caught bringing drugs in? Death penalty, immediately enforced upon conviction, which would be easy considering they were caught with the drugs.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    We pretty much ignored the build up of cartels for decades, which has been aided by the corrupt government of Mexico, from its individual police officers to the top officials of the government. NOW we want something done! What makes everyone think that the military, by way of the CIA, isn't involved and has been for some time? Until the demand for illegal drugs is stemmed, the supply will continue. Likely, foreign governments are involved in supplying much of the dangerous drugs to the U.S. When there is enough of the citizenry that is incapacitated by drugs, our country will crumble from within. There will be too few left willing to serve and defend this country. There is already much less value placed on human life in this country. Drugs and murder are the real pandemic!

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Smugglers get caught bringing drugs in? Death penalty, immediately enforced upon conviction, which would be easy considering they were caught with the drugs.
    Pretty much this. ^^^^

I have coworkers who reside in Singapore. Singapore's approach to drugs is closer to the Saudi's than ours. They do not have a drug problem. The younger of the two coworkers was absolutely shocked and appalled by what he was watching on the evening news regarding drug deaths. (he also found out he REALLY likes ARs, I told him if he likes that freedom the U.S. was really his only remaining option)

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Pretty much this. ^^^^

I have coworkers who reside in Singapore. Singapore's approach to drugs is closer to the Saudi's than ours. They do not have a drug problem. The younger of the two coworkers was absolutely shocked and appalled by what he was watching on the evening news regarding drug deaths. (he also found out he REALLY likes ARs, I told him if he likes that freedom the U.S. was really his only remaining option)
    If the courts won't push the death penalty, then at the very least, involuntary manslaughter, as the trash they sell kills people.
    The US Government, through their inaction, is just as guilty of this as the Cartels. How many Cartel members have infiltrated our government? I know that is probably a conspiracy theory, but the question remains. The .gov wants people addicted to the drugs as they are easier to control.
    Legalizing drugs won't do anything but make the problem worse. If the .gov makes it to where they can go to legal dispensaries, who pays for that? Taxpayers who don't do drugs. No thanks. I won't pay for someone's drug habit nor should it be legal for the .gov to make me.
    Politicians want to keep this country at war, either by direct action or by proxy like in Ukraine? Ok, declare the Cartels terrorist organizations and send in the military. Use them as a testing ground for new weapons and technology if you want to. If we are gonna be at war, at least the war should presumably benefit the US populace somehow. Get rid of the Cartels, get rid of the problem. And the only way you will get rid of the Cartels is to eliminate them to the root. As in everyone in the organization is dead.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If the courts won't push the death penalty, then at the very least, involuntary manslaughter, as the trash they sell kills people.
    The US Government, through their inaction, is just as guilty of this as the Cartels. How many Cartel members have infiltrated our government? I know that is probably a conspiracy theory, but the question remains. The .gov wants people addicted to the drugs as they are easier to control.
    Legalizing drugs won't do anything but make the problem worse. If the .gov makes it to where they can go to legal dispensaries, who pays for that? Taxpayers who don't do drugs. No thanks. I won't pay for someone's drug habit nor should it be legal for the .gov to make me.
    Politicians want to keep this country at war, either by direct action or by proxy like in Ukraine? Ok, declare the Cartels terrorist organizations and send in the military. Use them as a testing ground for new weapons and technology if you want to. If we are gonna be at war, at least the war should presumably benefit the US populace somehow. Get rid of the Cartels, get rid of the problem. And the only way you will get rid of the Cartels is to eliminate them to the root. As in everyone in the organization is dead.
    We're not about to invade Mexico. The cartels long ago have usurped the Mexican government's influence in Mexico. Your tax money is already being spent supplying free needles and Narcan. Never mind the crimes being committed to support drug addicts, which the police spend a lot of time on (that's also your taxes at work). The cartels are at work in every major U.S. city.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    We're not about to invade Mexico. The cartels long ago have usurped the Mexican government's influence in Mexico. Your tax money is already being spent supplying free needles and Narcan. Never mind the crimes being committed to support drug addicts, which the police spend a lot of time on (that's also your taxes at work). The cartels are at work in every major U.S. city.
    The political attitude in the US has very much shifted to enabling and subsidizing drug use, and most major cities essentially don't prosecute any form of drug crime anymore.

Cartels are an impossible enemy, supplied with limitless amounts of our own money and multiple nations worth of hiding places. As long as America continues to have a bottomless demand for narcotics, somebody will supply it. We are so far from tackling that problem that we have now made it a taboo to even tell other people that they shouldn't do drugs.

Top Bottom