• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    While I'd like to see abortion recognized as murder, which the parent(s) should have to knowingly live with, I find it preferable...

Yes, that makes the parents degenerates, but it's preferable to them milking the system dry.

So a few dollars in your pocket is more important than people not being murdered?

Can I take it, then, that you oppose all government? If protecting citizens from being murdered by each other isn't a legitimate goal of government, what is?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Contention aside...this law will be challenged, and yet again Pence's ideology will cost Indiana's taxpayers millions of dollars in wasted litigation and media expenses.

Not a single "baby" will be "saved".

Not a single "murderer" will be brought to "justice".

...and just what does that "justice" look like, INGO? Our own history already illustrates this in vivid detail:

Treating abortion as murder forces the procedure underground, making it FAR more dangerous for the women who will inevitably seek out the procedure...in other words, treating abortion as murder doesn't "save babies"...it kills pregnant women.

Pence in nothing but a misogynist statist dick.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is a poorly conceived law. (Pardon the terrible pun.)

Certain scenarios that are easily imagined should be a family's decision. Will there be callous people making shallow decisions? Yes. But gov't is not here to regulate morality. It can't.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Really? I didn't know that murder was legal.
    Murder has been illegal for nearly as long as there have been people, across every culture basically. People still do it. So, if it is illegal for moral reasons, it is terribly ineffective.

Laws against murder are to punish. There is no prevention. It is not about dictating morality. People may not murder based on their own morality, which is great - we should all have moral codes. But those moral codes are not really created or imposed by gov't.

This law could result in punishing parents and kids with severely painful and traumatizing medical issues. I'm lost as to who thought this would be a good idea.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Can someone please tell me if SWAT is going to breakdown my doors if we don't properly bury or cremate the remains of a miscarriage if my wife has one, and then charge us with murder?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Contention aside...this law will be challenged, and yet again Pence's ideology will cost Indiana's taxpayers millions of dollars in wasted litigation and media expenses.

...and just what does that "justice" look like, INGO? Our own history already illustrates this in vivid detail:

Treating abortion as murder forces the procedure underground, making it FAR more dangerous for the women who will inevitably seek out the procedure...in other words, treating abortion as murder doesn't "save babies"...it kills pregnant women.

For me this was the final straw for Pence. He has been able to f*** up every issue and Indiana has not had a single bout of good press since he came into office. Michael Pence is a f****** a******.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Honestly I don't see this law as much different from the laws designed to punish legal gun owners. "We can't ban guns, but we can sure punish the people who own them." They know those laws won't stop gun violence. They just want gun ownership to hurt more. Same concept as this. It doesn't stop abortion. It just punishes that choice. It doesn't settle the question. At what point in life should it be illegal to kill another human?

This law is is an overreach of government as much as the result of R v. W is an overreach that prevents states answering the above question for themselves.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    :popcorn:

Creating jobs and expanding markets is not the job of Gov.
    It is however a direct result of tax/laws that effects the market.
    Doesn't this bill enact a law that affects businesses, though? Isn't that the exact opposite of what Republicans are supposed to be doing, what they campaigned on in 2014?

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    My oldest son is mentally handicapped. He was born with a severe cleft lip and palate. So I guess their is a price tag on his life. We can find the justification to assist many people who can do for themselves, using the state, but when it helps a truly helpless individual, made so thru no fault of his own, then it's a problem? He has been thru more reconstructive surgerys than most people will experience in a lifetime from the age of 3 months thru his teen years. I would have preferred to have paid for it all out of my pocket or only from the goodwill of private donors. Had I known he had these birth defects prior to birth I absolutely would not have had him murdered for for convenience sake or to spare him difficulty or suffering. We put down animals for these reasons. Their is no guarantee in this life for a smooth sailing pain free existence. If a community cannot come together to assist the truly innocent and helpless it is lost.
    I would have preferred no government assistance. People have been conditioned to view tax dollars spent as charity. Charity only truly is given from individuals to individuals. Money taken from one and given to another is wealth redistribution or theft.
    I'm not accusing you of anything. Just stating my view.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    My oldest son is mentally handicapped. He was born with a severe cleft lip and palate. So I guess their is a price tag on his life. We can find the justification to assist many people who can do for themselves, using the state, but when it helps a truly helpless individual, made so thru no fault of his own, then it's a problem? He has been thru more reconstructive surgerys than most people will experience in a lifetime from the age of 3 months thru his teen years. I would have preferred to have paid for it all out of my pocket or only from the goodwill of private donors. Had I known he had these birth defects prior to birth I absolutely would not have had him murdered for for convenience sake or to spare him difficulty or suffering. We put down animals for these reasons. Their is no guarantee in this life for a smooth sailing pain free existence. If a community cannot come together to assist the truly innocent and helpless it is lost.
    I would have preferred no government assistance. People have been conditioned to view tax dollars spent as charity. Charity only truly is given from individuals to individuals. Money taken from one and given to another is wealth redistribution or theft.

Problem is that this law bans the abortion of the mentally deformed but ones with no problems is still ok to abort. There is simply no logic.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    These are all valid points.

My only point regards the role of gov't. For children born with disabilities, I have no problem with the state subsidizing support. I know how hard it can be.

But, I am not comfortable with the state mandating that certain decisions regarding kids cannot be made by the parents. This is another step down that slippery slope.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    For me this was the final straw for Pence. He has been able to f*** up every issue and Indiana has not had a single bout of good press since he came into office. Michael Pence is a f****** a******.

Did your legislators vote for this as well? Final straw for them too?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

This is quite unfair. When we make an activity appear acceptable, normal, and moral we should not be surprised that people will come to see heinous activities such as abortion as acceptable, normal, and moral. Pence and the other legislators, like me, are attempting to mitigate this disaster in morality. I support them. If we can, somehow, get women to see how our society has fooled them thinking aborting their children as OK, and change their minds, then maybe they'll see aborting their babies as a problem and not a solution.

Last edited:

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    Problem is that this law bans the abortion of the mentally deformed but ones with no problems is still ok to abort. There is simply no logic.

I agree but one step in the right direction is still one step closer. More peoples hearts and minds need to change in order to recognize that abortion is murder.

Top Bottom