Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Did the guy who was going to take the machine gun or was thinking of taking it show up?
    I saw a few people who I had never seen before.

2 girls - mom and daughter I think
    Plus a husband and wife pair
    And then an older lady who was looking at buying a taser/pepper spray
    Those where the ones Idid not get an ingo face for

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Hobart
    Thanks everyone :-) when is the next outdoor shoot? I am
    Not good on this site yet, it may be on here but I'm new at finding where everything is posted. I think someone mentioned a Sunday in November, and it may be the same day as my IDPA tournament in Chesterton.

KLB- lol :-) those were awesome guns but gonna stock with the zebra for now, but will add to my collection in the future. Thx for letting me shoot your stuff...it was fun.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yes, the guy with the machine gun showed up. I know I said hi to him. There were a couple new faces I saw but didn't meet. I hope they had fun.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Did the guy who was going to take the machine gun or was thinking of taking it show up?
    I saw a few people who I had never seen before.

2 girls - mom and daughter I think
    Plus a husband and wife pair
    And then an older lady who was looking at buying a taser/pepper spray
    Those where the ones Idid not get an ingo face for

Jedi there were several newbies, I also talked to a couple folks I had never seen before, they said they were first timers. Hopefully all the newbies (not new to the website, but new to our NWI EVENTS) had a good time and found someone to talk to who has been around for awhile. It was good to see so many new faces but I'll admit that I didn't get to talk to most of the new faces either. :(

UPCOMING NWI INGO EVENTS:

November 15 (Thursday) ~ Cigars, Guitars & Open Carry Night
    LINK => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s_and_guitars_in_schererville_in_6pm_9pm.html
    This is a SOCIAL EVENT for the 18 and over crowd. While it is held at a cigar lounge, there is NO PRESSURE to smoke. There is also NO PRESSURE to Open Carry, but if you ever want to try it, then these "Cigar & Guitar" events are a friendly place to give it a try. There will be free water, coffee, soda and some sort of snacks and a guitar player will be playing at the lounge. We get anywhere from 5 to 25 INGO members at these events, depending on work schedules, etc. These events are open to NON-INGO members as well, so the crowd is usually 50% INGO and 50% non-INGO.​

November 3 ~ NWI INGO Carbine/Pistol course

LINK => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ntinuing_education_carbine_pistol_course.html
    Taught by one of our own. See the link for full details of this class, there is a fee to cover range costs, etc. If you want to get trained, this may be a good one for you to try.​

November 18 MEET & SHOOT at Winamac Range

LINK => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...son_3_sun_18_nov_2012_nwi_meet_and_shoot.html
    Last outdoor range event of this year. Events will likely restart in the spring with a March 2013 MEET & SHOOT. These are the best place to try different guns as the crowd is usually 20 to 40 NWI INGO members and the gun count typically exceeds 125 various pistols and rifles, with a few shotguns tossed in for fun. Newbies who want to attend should feel NO PRESSURE to bring a lot of stuff. If you want to bring a gun or two that is great, ammo is always good if you want to shoot other people's guns. But many people will let you use their ammo (within reason) to try out their guns. There is a "pitch in" lunch that typically features hot dogs, burgers, and whatever else shows up. Again, new folks should feel NO PRESSURE to bring food. By the time you attend your 2nd or 3rd event you'll start to get the hang of it and it would be appreciated if you would pitch in at some point. OH, and best of all, we cook BACON at these events.​

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Highlight of the night . . .

t_star shooting my Detonics while wearing her Halloween costume and having a hot piece of 45 brass find its way in her cleavage and get stuck in the costume :laugh:

I noticed that Darkkevin did NOT offer help, he just hung back and chuckled :popcorn:

That was classic!! :postpics:

Seriously great time! Blythe's may not have made a break even for sales ( although I would have to say they had some great deals on a lot of stuff, and i saw a bunch of piles behind the counter with names on them ) and they had like six staff available for questions and assistance.

Great chance to put the names with faces and as well to pay due respects to the pinkfather....

Sadclowmwp, great job on convincing the powers that be this was a great idea...
    If I could +1 rep Blythe's for this I would. Hope they do it again soon... Like maybe a cold January day after the holidays when we have new Xmas goodies perhaps. Super PR move!

Thanks to all that shared their shooting pieces for all to share and enjoy. (Mucho brass on the floor, had to be swept over a lot)...

And last thanks to all in attendance who made this a great social event...
    I thought I would be gone by 9:30-10 and ended up walking out with bullfrog (and his new M&P 22) and the Blythe's guys at 12:15 am.!!
    BF4Ever, I may have to borrow that great little training piece to see if I can get mrs. Sheepdog out for a bit. Wouldn't that be a switch!

Melensdad I am definitely looking forward to the nov 15 OC/cigar get together

Hey, and only one legal question the whole nite!!!

iN_sheepdog

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I had a great time, even though I was slightly distracted, but got to send a few rounds down range.

I had a GREAT time watching my 14 year old nephew shoot for the first time. He was a pretty good shot as well. He squared off with his dad (my bro in law/gun newb too) in a little competition, and mopped the floor with him. He asked if we could make it a monthly or every other week thing as soon as we got into the car. He also said, "I could get a long with these people...REALLY well." We got a good laugh out of that. Bob, thanks for letting him shoot the dectonics, that thing is crazy accurate, although the front post was hard to see (black on black sights). He loved shooting the "big ole .45".

All in all a great time, I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer and shoot the breeze/try a few guns, but had to get home

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So, who won the door prize?!

I heard it was Sadclownwp who [strike] kept it[/strike] , uh, er, I mean, won it :popcorn:

BTW, what was the door prize? SPAM in our email inbox from Blythes
    :dunno:

Some thug from LAKE COUNTY cheated on the door prize and won it off course. He probably voted early, voted often, and got his relatives to vote for him as well. :laugh:

The winner was... lonehooiser!

Adam (??sp??) Blythe's son's owner (who was responsible for the event) asked Dark Kevin to pick a name out of the box. Adam raised the box up high and DK without looking at the box picked a name.

When lonehooiser found out he won he gave DK a
    censored.gif
    on the
    censored.gif
    . :whistle: :D
    T-Star had that face as I was fearing for lone's life.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    I really hope they made some money. My buddy and I kept our wallets in our pockets at the Gun show just to make sure we spent all we could at Blythes.... I am aware at least $3000 in sales.... hope that proves we all came to spend some $$

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    It just so happens that I snapped a couple pics of Theres[strike]a[/strike] shooting the Detonics, and have one of her during that special moment. TO BE POSTED LATER :cool:

:nono:
    It's TheresE.
    I reacted quick enough to get the brass out, it didn't burn me. I didn't know I COULD move that fast! Lol!

I unfortunately had to restrain myself from a shopping spree. :( Now I need to prioritize my need/want list.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    Just gotta say I had an absolute blast last night! Thanks to everyone who set this up and thanks to Blythes for being a gracious host! We all got some great deals last night and I got myself a M&P.22!:rockwoot: Can't wait to try it out! I really hope Blythes will do this again! Great to meet/see again everyone last night!

PS - Jedi, you or the pinkfather forgot the name tags! But i got my first INGO keychain, so I'll forgive this time.:)

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I had a great time.... thanks to Cliff45 getting my mother load up those stairs and Lowendgenerator getting it down...

Therese looked very holloweenie.... I should have brought the camera... sorry....

Melensdad, that Detonics is really nice, and if 45 acp ever goes back down I know that if I want to add a double stack 1911A1 design that is the sh**... on a Gunbunnies prop note... ya we are gonna have to setup a shot with the whole 1911A1 thing going and use your Detonics as the centerpiece, with the model of course...

The guy with the machinegun was there but he was fast to shoot and leave the range... I was just getting the flow of firearms coming out and was gonna get him in my shooting area to play with some of the guns but he was gone.... Dude come out to the next Winamac shoot and bring some 12 guage, I'll have the Saiga 12 out there to remove some back boards with...

Sadclownwp, good outing, lots of deals that I certainly couldn't take part in over all... although I might be running factory 9mm now at the class next weekend, who would have fanthomed that...

Look forward to seeing you guys again soon...

PS: Sadclownwp, I think I heard T_Star mention that it would really be awesome if Blythes would sell her posters.... I'm just saying what I heard, I think....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom