• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    But, Bill. Are you implying we have the best system money can buy? :D

I don't think there was any implication there.

Let's be honest. We do have the best system currently in existence. That's not to say it doesn't have some enormous problems, but it's still far better than a system where the people have no input at all.

Blessings,
    Bill

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Let's be honest. We do have the best system currently in existence. That's not to say it doesn't have some enormous problems, but it's still far better than a system where the people have no input at all.

Blessings,
    Bill

Churchill's famous dictum: "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." (from a House of Commons speech on Nov. 11, 1947)

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009

Blessings,
    Bill

Agreed. I would add that, by design, it's the best system that ever existed.

Thanks for sharing in some (sometimes) snide humor. :)

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Churchill's famous dictum: "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." (from a House of Commons speech on Nov. 11, 1947)
    As soon as I read BoR's post this was the same quote that I thought of

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Actually, I hope the dems keep pressing things like this. Such efforts put the lie to their gaslighting attempts.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    And the definition of assault weapon is anything semi auto or with magazine. i can see hillary running with this nation wide

House bill seeks to make owning an ?assault weapon? a felony | Fox17
    These Democrap libtards are totally ignorant sheeple a$$ holes. Instead of concentrating on eradicating the root cause of all evils "CRIMINALS" and really fixing a broken criminal justice system with "revolving door 'justice'" they attack the 2A and millions and millions of law abiding Gun owners. Our founding fathers of the USA are spinning in their graves!!!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Care to make a bet that this execrable bit of anti-gun legislation that they attempted to sneak through was a major part of the deciding factor that did what many people thought was impossible...swing the state of Michigan to vote for a Republican president.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    As soon as I read BoR's post this was the same quote that I thought of

I'm partial to Robert A. Heinlein's view of democracy:

Democracy is a poor system of government at best; the only thing that can honestly be said in its favor is that it is about eight times as good as any other method that the human race has ever tried. Democracy's worst fault is that its leaders are likely to reflect the faults and virtues of their constituents.

(RAH speaking through Jubal Harshaw, in "Stranger")

Which, it would seem, is one of the main reasons that the Founders attempted to give us a republican form of government.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'm partial to Robert A. Heinlein's view of democracy:

Democracy is a poor system of government at best; the only thing that can honestly be said in its favor is that it is about eight times as good as any other method that the human race has ever tried. Democracy's worst fault is that its leaders are likely to reflect the faults and virtues of their constituents.

(RAH speaking through Jubal Harshaw, in "Stranger")

Which, it would seem, is one of the main reasons that the Founders attempted to give us a republican form of government.

One of the many examples of exactly why Heinlein was dubbed the "dean of science fiction writers."

Top Bottom