• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is why having reliable 2A supporters in the statehouse and state legislatures is so important. First they pass a law like this in a state with a reliably liberal judiciary at the stateSC and circuit level. If they can get it affirmed at the circuit level, now they suck in several other states and the only recourse is SCOTUS. If SCOTUS has been packed with liberals they can uphold such a law and bang, it can now be the law of the land in any state legislature where they can pass a cookie cutter copy

Then they massage some short-term data to reflect that gun control in the affected states has cut 'gun crime' and use this to attack the make-up of state legislatures where they couldn't have their way

It's the same old story; good has to win every battle, evil only has to win once

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    I can see the old 2013 AWB being passed. In that one, pretty much the biggest restrictions were on detachable magazines. Basically, as I am sure you all know, anything over 10 rounds would be illegal to manufacture and posses.

This may be a naive question, but can they make a law forbidding the possession of magazines over 10rds and not grandfather current possession? Meaning making us have to lose all 30rd mags in a boating accident?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    We're talking Michigan here.
    It's not an assault rifle thing per se.... The state is having lead issues, politicians getting caught and charged, and the EPA is sitting on it's royal "crown"
    Paint this sucker in 10 shades of purple for all to see.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    And that won't happen as long as they keep finding the vulnerable people and sending them in to do a Sandy Hook.

:tinfoil: I thought I was the only one that thought that. If it is popular don't post links please. I don't read wacko junk.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    From the article...

That's a new one to me.
    I'm assuming they mean compensaters, but I'm happy for them to continue to display their ignorance. Anything in the proposed legislation about the shoulder thing that goes up?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    No links, and I don't care if it's "popular". For me, it's simple: If you have the power to look at prescription data, such as who fills what, and can then cross-reference with things like age, gender, etc., you can quickly come up with a reasonably short list of the 15-25 year old males who take psychoactive drugs, specifically antidepressants, in a given area. From there, you can narrow down by school records, work records, etc., who is the best candidate on whom to focus your attention. A little more digging and you find out where this specific loser hangs out, whether it be chatrooms, the local basketball court, whatever, and you get people close to him to push a little here, a little there, Maybe you have multiple people interacting, one to fuel his anger at the system, one to start talking guns, one to make a suggestion that will point him at a specific target. Maybe you even supply the gun and ammo, or the info how to build an ANFO device, if the goal is just to build terror, rather than just go after guns.

Now, keep in mind that the level of access to information I've described above is really only available at the government level, and then consider who does the investigation after the carnage, and thus, who tells the media what was found. The rest of us only hear the details we're allowed to hear, and with our country's media being as lackluster as they are, no one does a Woodward and Bernstein to dig for more... admittedly, doing so would likely be buried by an editor who wants to keep his cushy job.

Is it a conspiracy theory? Does this sound "tinfoil hat"? Sure it does. I recognize that, and I give the theory only partial credence. The other side of it is that keeping the secret would be difficult at best, because SOMEONE would know what facts did not fit the narrative. Even so, there is an old saying, that just because you're paranoid does not mean they aren't out to get you.

Blessings,
    Bill
    :tinfoil: I thought I was the only one that thought that. If it is popular don't post links please. I don't read wacko junk.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Not naive at all. Yes, they can make a law forbidding the possession of things that people already own. Look at the Akins Accelerator, for an example, or the non-registered and now-criminalized lightning link. For that matter, look at Sudafed. If you bought a bunch of it before the law was passed, and still possessed a large quantity after it took effect, and the law now criminalized possession of more than 3 grams of pseudoephedrine, you didn't break the law by buying it, but by continuing to possess it after a given date, you're now a criminal. So yes, a law can be written without grandfathering anything. It would face a battle, but when you buy all the right people, the outcome of the battle is known before it starts.

Blessings,
    Bill

This may be a naive question, but can they make a law forbidding the possession of magazines over 10rds and not grandfather current possession? Meaning making us have to lose all 30rd mags in a boating accident?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    No links, and I don't care if it's "popular". For me, it's simple: If you have the power to look at prescription data, such as who fills what, and can then cross-reference with things like age, gender, etc., you can quickly come up with a reasonably short list of the 15-25 year old males who take psychoactive drugs, specifically antidepressants, in a given area. From there, you can narrow down by school records, work records, etc., who is the best candidate on whom to focus your attention. A little more digging and you find out where this specific loser hangs out, whether it be chatrooms, the local basketball court, whatever, and you get people close to him to push a little here, a little there, Maybe you have multiple people interacting, one to fuel his anger at the system, one to start talking guns, one to make a suggestion that will point him at a specific target. Maybe you even supply the gun and ammo, or the info how to build an ANFO device, if the goal is just to build terror, rather than just go after guns.

Now, keep in mind that the level of access to information I've described above is really only available at the government level, and then consider who does the investigation after the carnage, and thus, who tells the media what was found. The rest of us only hear the details we're allowed to hear, and with our country's media being as lackluster as they are, no one does a Woodward and Bernstein to dig for more... admittedly, doing so would likely be buried by an editor who wants to keep his cushy job.

Is it a conspiracy theory? Does this sound "tinfoil hat"? Sure it does. I recognize that, and I give the theory only partial credence. The other side of it is that keeping the secret would be difficult at best, because SOMEONE would know what facts did not fit the narrative. Even so, there is an old saying, that just because you're paranoid does not mean they aren't out to get you.

Blessings,
    Bill

B b b but, what about Hippa.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just like the laws against the NSA spying domestically, how'd that work out. It's why we have to fight things like registration, to prevent .gov from ever having a given capability, because sooner or later any capability is always abused

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    No doubt about that! I bet this is the type of thing she fantasizes about while straddling a Harley at a long stoplight!:puke:

ARRRGH! Mental image of her but ith a cheesy Chairman Moa polyester pant suit from 1975 and that generic pasted on smile. :twocents:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm assuming they mean compensaters, but I'm happy for them to continue to display their ignorance. Anything in the proposed legislation about the shoulder thing that goes up?

You are probably correct but I would love to shoot a gun with a commentator.

"First round down range is a little left. I wonder if Bigtanker didn't take into account the slight breeze coming from the west."

Or in a self defense shooting.....
    "He yells STOP! I have a gun!!! The perp still continues coming at him with the ax. SHOTS FIRED! SHOTS FIRED!
    The perp is down. He took 4 rounds of Winchester PDX-1 147 grain hollow point ammunition right to the chest and 2 more in his face. Man, I bet that hurt."

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Blessings,
    Bill

It could happen. Given the revelations of what lengths Democrats are willing to go to get their way, I wouldn't be surprised to find an email posted by wiki-leaks some day where we find anti-gun dems conspiring to do something like that. Before a few years ago I would never have thought they'd hire people to start riots. It's a new world.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You didn't see my purple, did you?

Oh! I forgot again. I am totally with you on this. I did recently hear? read? the beginning of someone's rant that that school had been shut down for years prior to the attack, yada,yada, yada.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    finally we can get rid of those damn commentators.....make America safe again

DAMN ANDERSON COPPER AND NANCY GRACE!!!!! commie pinko libitards!

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    But I am sure that this would never lead to them going through the registration to change the "exception".
    Silence, you peasant! You VILL register mit der Staatspolizei, just as you have done with your so-called "right to carry". Und you vill be (graciously and at your expense) issued some form of "authorization" by ze State vhich you must have on your person or in your possession at all times. Und your paypahzz had best be in order!

... you didn't break the law by buying it, but by continuing to possess it after a given date, you're now a criminal. So yes, a law can be written without grandfathering anything. It would face a battle, but when you buy all the right people, the outcome of the battle is known before it starts.
    But, Bill. Are you implying we have the best system money can buy? :D

Top Bottom