• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have a friend who has a one story house and he took a lightish weight gun cabinet up into the attic crawlspace where he bolted it to an area where he had floored over the joists in a corner. More expensive stuff in there, not every day defensive firearms, but you would have to do a really detailed search of the house to find it and then crack it

I thought that was pretty good compromise between moveable and secure, but he has some expensive winchesters and likes to show them to too many people so lack of OpSec may cause him problems someday

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have a friend who has a one story house and he took a lightish weight gun cabinet up into the attic crawlspace where he bolted it to an area where he had floored over the joists in a corner. More expensive stuff in there, not every day defensive firearms, but you would have to do a really detailed search of the house to find it and then crack it

I thought that was pretty good compromise between moveable and secure, but he has some expensive winchesters and likes to show them to too many people so lack of OpSec may cause him problems someday
    I hope that attic is conditioned or everything was plastic guns. Attics get well stupid hot and stupid cold and stupid moist and thats just not good for wood furniture.

But environmental issues aside, a solid idea.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Needed to secure guns from grandkids (and hide Ammo stash from wife). Not an extensive gun collection, just needed locked up. This fit the hiding place I had in a closet and is reasonably tamper proof. Loaded with Ammo in the bottom it is heavy. Picked up from a local supplier cheaper than anyplace I found online.

EC541829-1FDC-4DEE-886A-57AC8C4F41E1.jpeg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I hope that attic is conditioned or everything was plastic guns. Attics get well stupid hot and stupid cold and stupid moist and thats just not good for wood furniture.

But environmental issues aside, a solid idea.
    I believe the cabinet has a goldenrod as well as moisture absorption packs and each firearm is coated with RIG in storage and in a BoreStor sleeve

Not sure what if anything is done about summer high temps but he lives along the lakefront and it isn't all that bad

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I believe the cabinet has a goldenrod as well as moisture absorption packs and each firearm is coated with RIG in storage and in a BoreStor sleeve

Not sure what if anything is done about summer high temps but he lives along the lakefront and it isn't all that bad
    Oh, it gets stupid hot, guaranteed. I had to take some stuff up into our attic a couple weekends ago. It was jacket weather outside, but in the attic at 3pm it was uncomfortably hot. (90+)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Is Tread still in business? I remember they made some nice steel gun cabinets back in the 80s.

jsn_mooney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    South Of Richmond
    I have a stack on gun cabinet that I put shelves in and repurposed for storage. I misplaced my key and ended up having to drill the lock to gain access- was faster to drill the lock and open the door than for me to type this post.
    I know anything can be broken into if someone wants in it bad enough, but I was shocked at how easy I got in that thing.
    Pro Tip- write the numbers down on your keys! Since I bolted that cabinet to the wall and floor the key numbers were the only way to order a duplicate key.

74 or more

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2021
    Parke co.
    Welded a piece of 3/4 angle inside from side to side A few inches below the lock. It will stiffen it up if someone uses a pry bar on the door. And it’s in a locked closet. Oh security cameras and alarm. Painted the siren red to be visible.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Have a welder make a cabinet from 1/4 steel and have it welded together. You paint it put the door locks on and fill out the inside.
    How much does 1/4" rolled steel run now days?

Top Bottom