• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Yeah. I noticed the Meijer we shop at used to have quite a few gun magazines on the shelf, but not anymore. I have not noticed any signs yet, but personally, unless they have armed security there to protect me (they don't), then they will be wasting time with a sign...at least as far as I'm concerned.
    Correction. We went shopping this morning, after my range trip, and they had the gun buster signs up. Needless to say, I did not care, for I certainly did not see any armed security there to protect me from a madman. Oh snap, they do have the signs up now, so I'm sure a criminal will abide. :p

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh good grief. Seriously? You go ahead and in the so called name of "freedom", champion tyrants and despots who wish to trample your Natural Rights. When people attempt to trample our rights, it`s not "having a different opinion", it is an effort to undermine your liberty and individual freedoms.
    Do we not believe people have the freedom to believe what they want? It is our job to win them over, not dictate their beliefs.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    The Merrillville Meijers isn't without any issues over the years. Cameras are great after the fact, but despite their store request of disarming legit Gun Owners to bring them business, I shop elsewhere.
    Concealed Carry is my option when I'm shopping, and nobody else's business.
    Those cameras will keep lots of bad guys away. Ha Ha Ha. Not!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The Merrillville Meijers isn't without any issues over the years. Cameras are great after the fact, but despite their store request of disarming legit Gun Owners to bring them business, I shop elsewhere.
    I just went in that one a few days ago.
    Saw the flashing blue lights and camera trailers.
    Looked at the hitch.

You know, two trucks, and you could tow those away real fast.
    Maybe a bolt cutter just in case.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Maybe we should flood them with letters demanding they provide armed guards, since they have problems in their parking lot.

areamike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    Monticello, IN
    I carry concealed when shopping at one every time I go.
    Nobody knows but me. I am disappointed though that they have taken this woke stance.
    Ole Fred must be rolling over in his grave.
    Me too. I don't give a rat's rear end what their "policy" is. And if they enforce it, I'll just find another store/establishment.
    Then again, I've yet to walk into a "no gun zone" establishment and had someone enforce their policy.

IMO - Any establishment that has a no gun policy is a giant invitation for a psycho with a firearm or other means for killing.
    And...if/when a heinous act happens in their establishment, they should be held 100% liable to any victims.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    He mentioned that the bodyguards of the Meijer family trained there. Double standard??
    This is commonplace. Most people espousing gun control do so from behind a wall of armed muscle. Same goes for the hypocrites who oppose border walls but live in gated communities or sail their diesel yachts and fly their private jets to environmentalism conferences. Sorry, can't take your message seriously if you're not living your own convictions.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Then again, I've yet to walk into a "no gun zone" establishment and had someone enforce their policy.
    I believe this is the appeasement strategy for companies like M that try to straddle the line with both woke suburban customers and gun folks. Post it no guns makes the woke crowd feel good and CC just don care and nothing happens if you are caught…

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    IMHO every business has the right to post such sign but they should have to carry a 500 Million Dollar insurance policy for any shooting that happen in their store. They would also have to cover any medical cost and would have to pay out to any injured person 10 million dollars within 3 days. They should also have to have armed security with one per every 75 customers anticipated to be in the store in any given time. The security persons must pass a independent range test every 2 months using self defense ammo. If you are going to have a no guns sign, you must take all responsibility for your actions.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Oh good grief. Seriously? You go ahead and in the so called name of "freedom", champion tyrants and despots who wish to trample your Natural Rights. When people attempt to trample our rights, it`s not "having a different opinion", it is an effort to undermine your liberty and individual freedoms.
    Here's a thought, Greg.

I do not LIKE Meijer's policy. I do not support said policy. I will voice my objection to the policy and do so repeatedly.

But I support their right to make their own decision how to run their business, just as I support anyone's right to decide not to shop there. I support the right of idiots to wear red shirts identifying them as members of the Demanding Mommies.... And I even support the right of someone to decide he wants to try to rob me, though I would prefer that such a person find another way to commit suicide.

Way,way back in the early 1970s, a group identifying themselves as Nazis went to a predominantly Jewish area, Skokie, IL, to march. I recall that my mother was scandalized by the fact that their march was allowed. But the First Amendment rights of speech and association mean nothing if they only protect speech with which we agree. As I grew older, I saw this, and even having grown up Jewish, I support the so-called Nazis' right to make total fools of themselves and expose themselves to ridicule.

You don't have to agree with me, nor with Meijer. But in the words often attributed to Voltaire:

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."​

As to Meijer, they run their business how they see fit. Choices have consequences, and I wholeheartedly support and agree with YOUR right, Greg, to never set foot in Meijer again, if that is your choice.

Blessings,
    Bill

ETA: Voltaire's actual words, in the Treatise on Tolerance, were:

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too.”

Last edited:

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    The Meier in Portage had the no blue gun cartoon in their window today. Good thing I did not have my blue toy gun with me. Maybe when they start posting things in English, where it can’t be interpreted a dozen different ways, I’ll give a rat’s azz.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Here's a thought, Greg.

I do not LIKE Meijer's policy. I do not support said policy. I will voice my objection to the policy and do so repeatedly.

But I support their right to make their own decision how to run their business, just as I support anyone's right to decide not to shop there. I support the right of idiots to wear red shirts identifying them as members of the Demanding Mommies.... And I even support the right of someone to decide he wants to try to rob me, though I would prefer that such a person find another way to commit suicide.

Way,way back in the early 1970s, a group identifying themselves as Nazis went to a predominantly Jewish area, Skokie, IL, to march. I recall that my mother was scandalized by the fact that their march was allowed. But the First Amendment rights of speech and association mean nothing if they only protect speech with which we agree. As I grew older, I saw this, and even having grown up Jewish, I support the so-called Nazis' right to make total fools of themselves and expose themselves to ridicule.

You don't have to agree with me, nor with Meijer. But in the words often attributed to Voltaire:

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."​

As to Meijer, they run their business how they see fit. Choices have consequences, and I wholeheartedly support and agree with YOUR right, Greg, to never set foot in Meijer again, if that is your choice.

Blessings,
    Bill

ETA: Voltaire's actual words, in the Treatise on Tolerance, were:

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too.”
    Couldn`t agree more. ANY private property, business or personal home, have the absolute right to make the rules for entrance to their property. That`s why I won`t carry concealed there and continue to spend money with them. If enough people stopped shopping there, and, let them know why they aren`t shopping there any longer, it might make a difference. So long as there are other options, I`ll use those other options.

Top Bottom