• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I was at the Meijers on Rt 30 in Merriville tonight after work and they have the signs up. After shopping I asked to speak to the store manager and he told me in no uncertain terms that Meijers does now allow any guns on their property. I asked if the new cameras in the parking lot are in response to flash mobs as I had been told by 2 other employees and he denied that they had ever been hit by them. He had a take or leave it kind of an attitude and came off as an ******* to me.

Lpherr

Occupied
    I was at the Meijers on Rt 30 in Merriville tonight after work and they have the signs up. After shopping I asked to speak to the store manager and he told me in no uncertain terms that Meijers does now allow any guns on their property. I asked if the new cameras in the parking lot are in response to flash mobs as I had been told by 2 other employees and he denied that they had ever been hit by them. He had a take or leave it kind of an attitude and came off as an ******* to me.
    Sounds like he's uninformed and fearful. Thank MSM.
    He's one of the sheep that feel safer when good guys are unarmed. Until there is a real threat.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Perhaps a concerted letter campaign to Rep. Peter Meijer (R-MI) asking him to confirm his pro-gun position by removing the signs from his stores would have good effect?

Just a thought.
    Blessings,
    Bill

That's a good one. It worked for the Trump Hotel in Chicago back in 2016. And it worked for Oberweis Dairy (Illinois Senator Jim Oberweis) back in 2012. On both occasions, I emailed their official campaigns with pictures of anti-gun signs on their owned buildings and questions on whether the candidates were actually pro-2a. I'm sure many other people did too. In both cases, the signs came down. If a pro-2a political candidate has anti-gun signs on buildings owned by their business, it looks really bad. And bringing it to their campaign's attention can fix it. :)

EDIT: Just read up on Peter Meijer. He's a total RINO, but still wouldn't hurt to try.

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Apparently they changed their policy in a couple days

Attachments

• 66489A83-C845-4165-BA5E-E945E12A8797.png
      66489A83-C845-4165-BA5E-E945E12A8797.png
      804.7 KB · Views: 76

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    When they say "no weapons", and you point out all the knives and blunt objects they have.
    Fairly certain there are no such items in their stores. Cutler could never be used for a nefarious purpose. Nor could a baseball bat or a fire extinguisher for that matter.

Fairly sure if we still lived in North West Indiana I would not be going into the Meijer on 30 unarmed.

I am not mistaken I believe the founder of Meijer was an immigrant? Usually people from other countries leave there for a reason. Who knows perhaps the company has long since lost its roots?
    At the end of the day their store their decision. Understanding that If they wish to deny their patrons their right to self defense so be it, but at least have the fortitude to say we do not support your second amendment rights!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Most corporations quickly lose their roots as they get big…
    Agreed and there is not a lot we can do about it. Although boycotting seems good in theory , it’s difficult to make it work. At best we try to avoid places that are Anti. I am fine with corporations being Anti just do not try to make it look like you support Individual freedoms by telling bold face lies.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Agreed and there is not a lot we can do about it. Although boycotting seems good in theory , it’s difficult to make it work. At best we try to avoid places that are Anti. I am fine with corporations being Anti just do not try to make it look like you support Individual freedoms by telling bold face lies.
    You`re "fine" with corporations being anti-gun? I`M NOT!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    You`re "fine" with corporations being anti-gun? I`M NOT!
    Yes I am fine with individual choices, they want to be anti that’s their choice, and I am fine with that. Does not mean that I will not try to find other places to shop etc. But I do not get to dictate others beliefs and policies. As mentioned up stream I do have a problem with Oh we support your second amendment rights, but we really don’t and we have no issues lying about it.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Yes I am fine with individual choices, they want to be anti that’s their choice, and I am fine with that. Does not mean that I will not try to find other places to shop etc. But I do not get to dictate others beliefs and policies. As mentioned up stream I do have a problem with Oh we support your second amendment rights, but we really don’t and we have no issues lying about it.
    I`m NOT fine with either individual or corporate choices that undermine constitutional, Natural Rights.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I conceal carry in our local Meijer all the time. Honestly, I have not noticed a sign. Next time I go I'll check it out.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    So you are not fine with others having opinions different than yours? Is that freedom?
    Oh good grief. Seriously? You go ahead and in the so called name of "freedom", champion tyrants and despots who wish to trample your Natural Rights. When people attempt to trample our rights, it`s not "having a different opinion", it is an effort to undermine your liberty and individual freedoms.

Top Bottom