Meet-and-eat Feeler: We aren't just usernames.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Location is no issue, so as long as the scheduling works out I will attend...

...assuming this doesn't end up like so many of GP's threads, I don't want to have to lock the restaurant half way through supper.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

...assuming this doesn't end up like so many of GP's threads, I don't want to have to lock the restaurant half way through supper.

You're mod powers are feckless in three dimensions. :laugh:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

After I get more ideas from this thread, I'll start nailing down some timeframe and locations. I liked some so far... Dales is good, Shallo's also great... but both pretty south. We'll see what others have to say.

Also, I'm halfway through writing my "Guns cause violence" essay, which aims to take all responsibility off of the people.

:):

??

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Old School Tag", which is used on the AR15 forums... That, or VUPD is a big fan of the Original Star Trek. Who isn't?

Anyway... I agree, definitely after the holidays. The venue may also depend on how many "Yes" there are.

Question - If I made a stack of cards or stickers with usernames and avatars on them, would you use them? :P

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    My advice after organizing several of these--

After getting a general consensus, go ahead and just set the date/time/location. You won't ever accommodate everyone, and trying is futile.

A stack of 3"x4" blank stickers and a sharpie are great for making nametags for usernames and real names. Simple is best here, as the guest list will change several times, and often at the last minute.

Call the restaurant well in advance and ask them how best to handle a group of your proposed size. They may have a special room (often at no charge) or some special rules to keep in mind.

Be the first to show up and make sure everything is ready.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My advice after organizing several of these--

After getting a general consensus, go ahead and just set the date/time/location. You won't ever accommodate everyone, and trying is futile.

A stack of 3"x4" blank stickers and a sharpie are great for making nametags for usernames and real names. Simple is best here, as the guest list will change several times, and often at the last minute.

Call the restaurant well in advance and ask them how best to handle a group of your proposed size. They may have a special room (often at no charge) or some special rules to keep in mind.

Be the first to show up and make sure everything is ready.

Yup. Thanks for the advice.

I'll narrow down a time later this evening after re-reading through the suggestions here.

Wife does event planning for a large company, so I'll have her help out on the organization part :P

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I can attest to this. Last meet-n-eat Rhino went to was at the Terre Haute Cheeseburger in Paradise, and it was so tragic, they had to shut that place down. It's now shuttered. No kidding.

Hush, you!

Here are places that I have verified are gun-friendly (i.e. no problems with open carry, even by a bunch of us):

Union Jack in Speedway - bada** pizza, everything else is pretty good too; we've had several gatherings there

Grindstone Charley's in Speedway - also several gatherings there

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I will try to make it if the timing works out.

I recommend picking a location near 465. You can't be close to everyone, but that makes travel time and parking better for those who do come from a distance. The exception maybe being don't pick the Castleton area as everyone can add about 30 min to their travel time.

My vote/convenience would be west or northwest side, but I'll try to make it wherever it happens.

I like Rhino's suggestion of Union Jacks; they do have great pizza.

Rick's Cafe (also on the west side) is excellent food with everything ranging from sandwiches to steak and seafood (expensive if you get dinner, but reasonable for sandwiches, beer, etc). I don't know about their gun-friendly status as I've carried concealed when there.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom