• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Some of you know that my husband was to have surgery to repair a large abdominal aortic aneurysm this past Wednesday but had to postpone it due to some question about his heart. We saw a cardiologist today and he had the time to do a heart cath hoping to be able to fix things with a stent. As it turns out there are 3 areas that are blocked, 2 at 90% and one at about 50%. Monday we see a heart surgeon in Indy who will schedule open heart surgery for either a quadruple or quintuple by pass. Once that is done they will have to wait 2 months to repair the original problem.

I really like and have faith in our doctors up there and feel certain that all will be well. Terry, my hubby, is strong and is not one to give up. We hope that in between surgeries he will be able to do some light duty at work which would be very good for him psychologically plus the money wouldn't hurt!

Anyway, will keep those of you who care posted about when they will do the surgery and how he gets along. So many of you have sent me messages with kind support and offers of assistance that it has really touched me. Thanks to each of you. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for good outcomes all the way around.

Diane

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Wow Diane, I hate how that happens.. I used to lifeguard for a water cardio class, and one of the ladies lost hundreds of pounds so she could get her knee replaced. As soon as she gets to the weight they want, they found she needed a bypass too..

Take care of things, and if we can help, let us know :)

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Wow this is the first I heard of this. I will include you and yours in my prayers. I am sure everything will be just fine. If I can do anything to help let me know...

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Thoughts and Prayers and take heart my mother had a quadruple bypass in her 70's and lived to be almost 93. She died from pneumonia not heart problems.

Keep in Touch

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Sending prayers for you and your husband.Also if there is anything you need,ask and myself and INGO will do our best to see to anything you need.
    PS.Thank you for all the support you have given me.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'll add my prayers to those of my brothers and sisters here. Annie, in my opinion that's way better than keeping our fingers crossed.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    As always, in our thoughts& prayers. Let us know if you need anything: food delivery, help around the house, whatever.

And thank you for the update.

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    "Prayers for you and your husband. If you guys need ANYTHING, you know where to ask" +1. I'll keep yall in my thoughts.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Hi all. Here is the latest....Terry's surgery is scheduled for Thursday (3-12) at 11:15 at Community North's Heart Hospital. He will be in ICU for at least two days and then 3 or 4 in progressive care. Hopefully he will be able to come home on Monday or Tuesday. One of our boys will be staying at the house to take care of the critters, plus our neighbor will help as needed. I have boarded our birds since they require a little more care than I feel comfortable asking a non-bird person to do.

Terry is more than a little nervous but is looking forward to this part of the drama being over. My fibromyalgia is acting up from the stress but am going to take today and tomorrow to do what I need to in order to make it as minimal as possible.

Since I won't be able to stay with him while he is in ICU I will come home to be able to sleep in my own bed with my furry stress reducers.

He should be able to have the aneurysms fixed in about 2 months so it is going to be a rough time but he and I are both pretty tough. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and good wishes. They mean more than you know.....

Top Bottom