• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    "The group [ACLU]claims that the law marginalizes entire communities and undermines our most cherished constitutional safeguards by putting Indiana residents at risk of unlawful warrantless arrests without any suspicion of wrongdoing."

I think that should read: "...at risk of LAWFUL arrests FOR suspicion of ILLEGALLY entering the country." Apparently there aren't any consequences for lawyers lying in court.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    If you look into the matter, the problem arose in a large part because ICE was issuing a whole bunch of detainers without following the federal law allowing them to do so. Every detainer out of the Chicago field office was ruled illegal a year or two ago, because they weren’t following the law.

https://www.lexisnexis.com/legalnew...etainers-unlawful-jimenez-moreno-v-napolitano

ICE made this bed with its illegal behavior, I see no reason that state and local law-enforcement should be forced to do federal duties, Particularly when the feds left them hanging out to dry by not providing lawful detainer orders.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    "The group [ACLU]claims that the law marginalizes entire communities and undermines our most cherished constitutional safeguards by putting Indiana residents at risk of unlawful warrantless arrests without any suspicion of wrongdoing."

I think that should read: "...at risk of LAWFUL arrests FOR suspicion of ILLEGALLY entering the country." Apparently there aren't any consequences for lawyers lying in court.
    Well, they are partially correct in that something DOES "marginalize entire communities and undermine our most cherished constitutional safeguards". Only the community it marginalizes is the community of law-abiding citizens. And the most cherished of all Constitutional safeguards is the rule of law, which our lack-enforcement vastly undermines.

And the something doing all this harm isn't the law, but the lack of enforcement.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Well, they are partially correct in that something DOES "marginalize entire communities and undermine our most cherished constitutional safeguards". Only the community it marginalizes is the community of law-abiding citizens. And the most cherished of all Constitutional safeguards is the rule of law, which our lack-enforcement vastly undermines.

And the something doing all this harm isn't the law, but the lack of enforcement.
    Thanks for saying they're full of it more eloquently than I did

Top Bottom