• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I stopped by Bradis this afternoon to pick up some AK ammo and mentioned going to that guy's range we don't like to mention .

The younger lady who works there was telling me about MCF&G and said I could shoot rifle there .

I'm not implying she's wrong , I just want to be sure I can shoot up to .308 before checking into it any further .

A flyer she gave me said you can shoot center fire but wasn't caliber specific , so does anyone know if I'm GTG with .223 and .308 or is it handgun caliber only ?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Handgun caliber rifles only. Click the link in my sig and then go to "range rules"

The younger lady who works there was telling me about MCF&G and said I could shoot rifle there .

I'm not implying she's wrong , I just want to be sure I can shoot up to .308 before checking into it any further .

No implication necessary. She IS wrong.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You have to go outside the property's boundaries to shoot rifle calibers. 10th and 465, westlake apts would be a good place to start.

Last edited:

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Is working from a holster still against the rules, also? That was the deal-breaker for me a few years ago. Hell, I even had the application filled out and check written.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Is working from a holster still against the rules, also? That was the deal-breaker for me a few years ago. Hell, I even had the application filled out and check written.

I was there Friday night alone.....just me and the squirrels. Theres plenty of times that you would be the only one there...just sayin'

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    How busy is it there on the weekends?

Depends on the weekend. Depends on the weather. Depends on the range schedule. Depends on the time of year.

I've never had more than 10 members on the line with me at any time. A lot of times I'll be there totally alone.

I'd sure like to shoot reduced loads in my large rifles but I have enough pistol caliber stuff to keep me occupied.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    For as many members as we have, it is never what I would consider "crowded". The biggest complaint we get is that the range is close quite a bit for events and that leaves members out of luck if they want to come shoot recreationally. We are working to remedy that situation by adding 2 new shooting bays to the West of the club house. When that project is finished, open shooting will be available even when the main range is closed for an event.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    For as many members as we have, it is never what I would consider "crowded". The biggest complaint we get is that the range is close quite a bit for events and that leaves members out of luck if they want to come shoot recreationally. We are working to remedy that situation by adding 2 new shooting bays to the West of the club house. When that project is finished, open shooting will be available even when the main range is closed for an event.

Cool! I plan on joining. Just haven't been able to head out there. Been busy at work. After shooting outside last weekend, I found I liked it a lot more than shooting at the indoor range.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

Yes! That's been my biggest frustration at MCF&G. Thanks! :yesway:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    We are working to remedy that situation by adding 2 new shooting bays to the West of the club house. When that project is finished, open shooting will be available even when the main range is closed for an event.

This is excellent news. I had no complaints about scheduled events until Bowling Pins moved to mornings. I like to be on the line at 8AM every Saturday and Sunday I have free.

I'm guessing that a large amount of revenue comes to the club via these events so we have to coexist peacefully

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I was out there Saturday afternoon and it was just me and three other people. If I am not out there alone that is about as many people that are usually out there.

What time were you out there on Saturday? I was there from a little after 1 til around 2:30 with my son. He's 7 1/2, and I was finally was able to introduce him to real firearms. He really liked shooting my AR with .22 conversion, he couldn't get enough. :D

Top Bottom