• ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

So now that he gets in, making use of such a rule, he's all for changing it so he can't be removed the same way.

This guy is a snake, folks.
    Exactly what I was thinking when I read this. I hope he doesn't get it accomplished. Removing bad eggs should be simple majority vote.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

He's taking on Biden and McConnell right out of the gate, advancing a stand alone Israel aid appropriations bill and decoupling it from Ukraine and the other crap Biden wants to lump into one bill. I'm happy with that

I also have to think that a one vote movement to vacate, while a useful gun to hold to McCarthy's head due to lack of trust, is a bit of a hair trigger to keep lying around given how willing the Dems were/are to vote enbloc for whatever is most damaging to Republicans

I could see something like 10% of the caucus/20 people perhaps. It should be a low barrier but still some sort of a barrier. You don't want more disruption when people's oxen really start getting gored

BTW, he is largely done with 3 of the 12 appropriations bills that traditionally made up budgeting before the CR became a popular smokescreen for corruption

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

He's taking on Biden and McConnell right out of the gate, advancing a stand alone Israel aid appropriations bill and decoupling it from Ukraine and the other crap Biden wants to lump into one bill. I'm happy with that

I also have to think that a one vote movement to vacate, while a useful gun to hold to McCarthy's head due to lack of trust, is a bit of a hair trigger to keep lying around given how willing the Dems were/are to vote enbloc for whatever is most damaging to Republicans

I could see something like 10% of the caucus/20 people perhaps. It should be a low barrier but still some sort of a barrier. You don't want more disruption when people's oxen really start getting gored

BTW, he is largely done with 3 of the 12 appropriations bills that traditionally made up budgeting before the CR became a popular smokescreen for corruption
    Did you know that it was 1 vote before Pelosi changed it in 2019? I didn't. I guess with that, I say leave it at 1.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I disagree it shouldn't be changed. It will hold the rest of the speaker in check and if they/Johnson fail to preform they can get fired just like McCarthy.

Now if he starts making all bills voted on separately like McCarthy was supposed to do I'll be for Johnson. Otherwise he needs kicked out of the job also.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I disagree it shouldn't be changed. It will hold the rest of the speaker in check and if they/Johnson fail to preform they can get fired just like McCarthy.

Now if he starts making all bills voted on separately like McCarthy was supposed to do I'll be for Johnson. Otherwise he needs kicked out of the job also.
    I believe I heard Johnson say he wants to do the 12 funding Bills instead of the HUGE Omnibus "political cover" Budget Bills as in the past.

BUT, that depends on getting all the RINO's to go along with it so there's enough votes to pass them.
    You can bet the Democrats will all vote as a block against the 12 Bills.
    So it's up to the Republicans to stand together on these.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Did you know that it was 1 vote before Pelosi changed it in 2019? I didn't. I guess with that, I say leave it at 1.
    Yes, as far as I can find it historically has been just one House member to make a motion to Vacate the Chair, and a simple majority to get it done until Pelosi came along.

Pelosi changed the rule to require a majority of either party to sign on before a vote can even be taken.
    It was changed back to the one House member when McCarthy came in.

I agree with it, but with the tiny majority the Republicans have, it would be simple for a Democrat to motion to Vacate the Chair and lock things up again if the Republicans can't keep things together.

AND with the election year coming up, I wouldn't put it past the Democrats to try to pull this.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yes, as far as I can find it historically has been just one House member to make a motion to Vacate the Chair, and a simple majority to get it done until Pelosi came along.

Pelosi changed the rule to require a majority of either party to sign on before a vote can even be taken.

I agree with it, but with the tiny majority the Republicans have, it would be simple for a Democrat to motion to Vacate the Chair and lock things up again if the Republicans can't keep things together.

AND with the election year coming up, I wouldn't put it past the Democrats to try to pull this.
    I doubt any Rs would follow along a D antic like that.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That's better than just adding more debt. I'd still rather see them get their own debt.
    I like that it comes out of Biden's IRS buildup.
    I also like that a standalone Israel aid Bill will make everybody go on record if a roll call vote is taken.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Yeah, it is a situation tailor made for Romneyism

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I believe I heard Johnson say he wants to do the 12 funding Bills instead of the HUGE Omnibus "political cover" Budget Bills as in the past.

BUT, that depends on getting all the RINO's to go along with it so there's enough votes to pass them.
    You can bet the Democrats will all vote as a block against the 12 Bills.
    So it's up to the Republicans to stand together on these.
    At least their names are on the yea/nay so that everyone knows where they stand. Also, just because the bills are separate don't mean the bills should pass.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If you think that is crazy, saw tweets excoriating Johnson for not making enough money to file disclosures and suspicioning his corruption but they never noticed Pelosi and Biden graft to name just two…

Top Bottom