• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BP84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2024
    Sunman
    Do we have any Mauser experts here? I don’t have a lot of information on this rifle. I know there are some variations of this rifle but not sure what I have or what value it has. I have had this rifle for a few years now, picked it up off of GunBroker but listing it was pretty vague.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    I'm not well experienced with the pre-war commercial .22's, but from the photo I think it is an ES340B.

It is a single shot, correct? I don't see a magazine.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So were these basically just training rifles? Were these based off the 98s?
    Contrary to mkgr22's compliment, I don't know that much, but I would say no (but I may be wrong). The checkering on the stock leads me to believe they were just a commercial single shot rifle. Rock Island Auctions and a few other sites describes one as a "target rifle".

atticachert

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2016
    NWI
    Definitely a training rifle. These were pretty nice well-built guns with nice adjustable sights. And also not something you see all the time. Not sure on production numbers but you will usually see them priced $600-800. Depending on condition.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    I always felt that the sporter rifles like BP84 has pictured were made for civilian, commercial sale, while the training rifles were the KKW's and so on made by several factories, designed to imitate the K98k.

3526.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I always felt that the sporter rifles like BP84 has pictured were made for civilian, commercial sale, while the training rifles were the KKW's and so on made by several factories, designed to imitate the K98k.

View attachment 349854

That is correct sir.....there were numerous "hunting clubs" around Germany between wars...now did the guys shooting these rifles end up packing K 98 rifles and try to kill papaw years later in North Africa, Sicily, and Italy???

Yes....

But were they training rifles????

Nein...

they were sporting arms for sporting clubs....

It was sort of a "wink...wink...nudge...nudge....know what I mean" not training rifles.....

"Is your rifle a training rifle?? nudge...nudge...know what I mean??? say no more...."

Last edited:
    Top Bottom