• ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    A big thank you to the board.

I know it is a lot of work to get this done when you have openings & in the past a lot of criticism. Your decisions have been very fair & equitable. A friend of mine was fortunate enough to have got in on the drawing but even if he hadn't it is a very fair way of doing it. Great donation to 4H shooting sports on the auction.

Lots of improvements to the range & great management.

Thank you

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Tried to get my boy in today, had one number each side of him get picked! He will just have to wait until the next time to try.

Did you hear what the auctions went for this time? We left right after the raffle and didn't stick around

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wow.

Apparently I'm out of the loop? Didn't even know they were doing an auction for membership. Where did they announce it? Maybe I should have paid closer attention to the annual membership reup paperwork?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Wow.

Apparently I'm out of the loop? Didn't even know they were doing an auction for membership. Where did they announce it? Maybe I should have paid closer attention to the annual membership reup paperwork?
    It was on the website. I just happen to check the day before yesterday. They drew for 20 spots and auctioned off 5.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wow.

IIRC they started doing this quite a few years ago. I haven’t followed this topic closely but that’s the way remember it.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The sad part with the auction is that it ends up with the folks with the bigger wallets always win. Thats what ruined getting rifles from CMP/DCM when they got rid of Luck or the Draw.
    Now what years ago would have just been shipped out the the lucky citizen, The one who wins the auction and has the thicker wallet gets the diamonds and the better grade rifles off the racks.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It was on the website. I just happen to check the day before yesterday. They drew for 20 spots and auctioned off 5.

Thank you, my friend. I need to pay better attention to things at the club. :ugh:

1704146500635.png

I agree with dieselrealtor, I like the way the board separated the available slots between drawing and auction. Good for them!

IIRC the first year they auctioned, they auctioned all the spots?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We've never auctioned all the spots. It's been done the same way the last three times. 20 spots drawn randomly
    and 5 spots auctioned.

Sorry, I was mistaken.

We don't do this every year, right? Only when openings accumulate to a certain number?

Agreed on the praise. Thank you for your good work!

mhs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Why doesn't the club allow members to sell their membership? I'm sure there are older or not-interested members who would sell their place for $500 or so. I'd buy one at that price, right now.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Why doesn't the club allow members to sell their membership? I'm sure there are older or not-interested members who would sell their place for $500 or so. I'd buy one at that price, right now.
    From my understanding the board are all volunteers, this type of scenario would make their lives much more difficult. Memberships would have to be transferred as a member is responsible for their actions there.

Memberships were avialable on 1/1/2024

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Just to play devil's advocate, why would anyone take $500 to sell their membership when...

Oh, and the top bid for a membership was $4,200.

:dunno:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Why would the club/any club allow that?

Top Bottom