• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Monroe County is getting one in 2016. Supposedly.

I thought that was going to be in Lawrence County? Admittedly, it's in the vacinity of the Like-to-be-close-to-Bloomington-but-don't-want-to-live-there enclave of northern Lawrence County.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Any word on the number of open spots this year? I've got my renewal already sent in. Just curious as to how many people didn't renew.

From the website:

12 new member openings will be offered to the first 12 folks through our gate at 8 AM New Year's Day, 2015. Also see "auction" option this year described below.

We had 488 out of 500 existing members renew for 2015, almost 98% and the highest renewal we've ever had.

TiMMaY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2014
    Martinsville
    I basically agree with this. Because it is so difficult to get in, the ones that do tend to be dedicated members and feel like they have a stake in the club. Come on out kawtech! I spent New Years Eve there last year and am glad I did. Had a big propane heater, and I took my little one-burner propane stove, so we had hot grilled Reubens for dinner and hot coffee in the morning. :)

DoggyDaddy, What was your number?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    May be one there also. But a new one is slated for Ellettsville.

Oh. I guess I missed that one. The owners of the one being planned for Lawrence County put up a thread discussing it back in the summer--that was what I was going from on memory.

TiMMaY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2014
    Martinsville
    My buddy and I were numbers 32 and 33... just made it! :)

My Father In Law and I got there around 2:00 PM on the 31st and we were numbers 7 & 8. After the year before, I was not going to take any chances. I enjoyed camping out over night to be in the front of the line the next morning.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My Father In Law and I got there around 2:00 PM on the 31st and we were numbers 7 & 8. After the year before, I was not going to take any chances. I enjoyed camping out over night to be in the front of the line the next morning.

Yeah, we lucked out on the weather too. As I recall, just a few days later the bottom fell out of the temps.

Top Bottom