Martinsville community divided on educator secretly recorded and broadcast on Fox

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    They don't care on election day because IN doesn't make you declare party for school board elections. Most (myself included) won't, or in my case I don't have any other social media accounts, do the leg work to find out about who is running and what their policies are. It's just not convenient so they don't do it. If IN started making candidates declare party for school board that would atleast be a start. Not that many Rs would be much better.
    Republicans had their chance to change it this session. They didn't. I am definitely voting for whoever runs against my sitting reps next primary. This legislation session has been a huge let down for conservatives in my opinion. As for Martinsville, they should be praying that that lady never works in the school system or with kids again. I am just waiting for something like this to come out in my kids school system

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Not necessarily. Many of the families that opt for charter schools (especially the Hillsdale affiliated) are not coming from the public school system. They come from private schools, parochial schools, and home schools.
    These students are still the same issue. They are not in the public school system so do not count for $. The standard needs to be changed.

Don

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Oh, I know. I volunteered for a candidate this last election. I told everyone I could think of (in person and also on social media) the differences between his viewpoints and those of his opponent. And I stood outside of the voting booth all day handing out "vote conservative" flyers with names. But while it may have helped a little, it was not enough. I pulled the voting reports and couldn't believe all the people (based on the numbers, obviously couldn't see the voters' names) who voted straight ticket Republican and then voted for 3 leftist school board members. :(
    This is a problem. This past election, I tried to vet the school board candidates as best I could. A couple had very little to no social media presence. Some only gave euphemistic happy talk in everything they posted/said. One or two of them though let slip a nugget or two that helped me decide who not to vote for.

One of them in particular was already in the system, an assistant coach or something. He would go on and on about fairness and spending tax dollars for kids who could not afford their sports equipment, etc. I think he even used the word “equity” a time or two. As I remember it, the person running against him was one of those that only said the happy talk. So what do you do? Take a chance on the cheerleader or the one who quacks like a commie?

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    My son is going to Ball State & the honors program required him to watch "Fire Island" :

Fire Island (2022) - IMDb

Jun 3, 2022A group of queer best friends gather in Fire Island Pines for their annual week of love and laughter, but a sudden change of events might make this their last summer in gay paradise. Director Andrew Ahn Writer Joel Kim Booster Stars Joel Kim Booster Bowen Yang Margaret Cho See production, box office & company info Watch on Hulu

What the hell does this have to do with an honors program or an education at all.

Pendleton school system has it's on policy issues about gender.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    This is a problem. This past election, I tried to vet the school board candidates as best I could. A couple had very little to no social media presence. Some only gave euphemistic happy talk in everything they posted/said. One or two of them though let slip a nugget or two that helped me decide who not to vote for.

One of them in particular was already in the system, an assistant coach or something. He would go on and on about fairness and spending tax dollars for kids who could not afford their sports equipment, etc. I think he even used the word “equity” a time or two. As I remember it, the person running against him was one of those that only said the happy talk. So what do you do? Take a chance on the cheerleader or the one who quacks like a commie?

Yes, most candidates say very little of substance, because they can get away with it. In races where I don't know the candidates' views personally, I look for key words. "Parents rights" is code for someone who actually believes in freedom, teaching kids & holding schools accountable. "Supports teachers & the school administration" is code for indoctrinating communists who want the administration to force their left-wing viewpoint down your kids' throats". "Equity" as you mentioned is code for left-wing policies as well.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yes, most candidates say very little of substance, because they can get away with it. In races where I don't know the candidates' views personally, I look for key words. "Parents rights" is code for someone who actually believes in freedom, teaching kids & holding schools accountable. "Supports teachers & the school administration" is code for indoctrinating communists who want the administration to force their left-wing viewpoint down your kids' throats". "Equity" as you mentioned is code for left-wing policies as well.
    Good points. Along with any discussion about more money needing to be spent on X.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Republicans had their chance to change it this session. They didn't. I am definitely voting for whoever runs against my sitting reps next primary. This legislation session has been a huge let down for conservatives in my opinion. As for Martinsville, they should be praying that that lady never works in the school system or with kids again. I am just waiting for something like this to come out in my kids school system
    Yep same. Unfortunately Rod Bray is my representative and he is so ingrained in the Morgan County/Martinsville "good ol boy" system that he will never lose until a new generation of voters come of age and then God help us we may become Bloomington's broke ass cousin.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    They don't care on election day because IN doesn't make you declare party for school board elections. Most (myself included) won't, or in my case I don't have any other social media accounts, do the leg work to find out about who is running and what their policies are. It's just not convenient so they don't do it. If IN started making candidates declare party for school board that would atleast be a start. Not that many Rs would be much better.
    I ask those running about important issues and where they stand before the election. Those who respond and I feel are more aligned with me will get my vote. Those who do not will not get my vote.

We as voters need to do a little leg work and try to educate ourselves on who is running and what they stand for, or against so we know how to vote.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area

I can only imagine the choices for candidates we (and our kids and grandkids) will have a few years from now after our children are taught these practices .............It is obvious of their agenda .

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

The bill for this just got voted out by our legislature. We need to put some foot to asses of our legislators.

It's very sad that our school boards and "educators" think that they can pull this underhanded hiding of the curriculum. As sad that somehow they influence our "republican" supermajority legislators to to vote down a measure to better expose what's going on here. :xmad:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I can't get the prayer circle for the "educator" who got caught telling the truth?

Why would anyone pray for those who are intentionally deceiving parents about their kids education?

Maybe tar and feathers, but certainly not prayers? Can't help but notice the article doesn't name the clergy or educators doing the praying???

This is Loudoun County, right here in our back yard. :xmad:
    Oh I think prayer can definitely be an appropriate response; it just depends on the type of prayer.

Psalm 58 might also be an appropriate prayer.

...Do you judge the sons of men uprightly?
    Nay, in your hearts you devise wrongs;
    your hands deal out violence on earth.
    The wicked go astray from the womb,
    they err from their birth, speaking lies.
    They have venom like the venom of a serpent,
    like the deaf adder that stops its ear,
    so that it does not hear the voice of charmers
    or of the cunning enchanter.
    O God, break the teeth in their mouths;
    tear out the fangs of the young lions, O LORD!
    Let them vanish like water that runs away;
    like grass let them be trodden down and wither.
    Let them be like the snail which dissolves into slime,
    like the untimely birth that never sees the sun...

Bugzilla

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    My son is going to Ball State & the honors program required him to watch "Fire Island" :

Fire Island (2022) - IMDb

Jun 3, 2022A group of queer best friends gather in Fire Island Pines for their annual week of love and laughter, but a sudden change of events might make this their last summer in gay paradise. Director Andrew Ahn Writer Joel Kim Booster Stars Joel Kim Booster Bowen Yang Margaret Cho See production, box office & company info Watch on Hulu

What the hell does this have to do with an honors program or an education at all.

Pendleton school system has it's on policy issues about gender.
    Dickens cidem just doesn’t give the punch line like Dickens cider.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I understand that. But like I said earlier me voting against my rep is just wasting my vote. Rod Bray will not lose in Morgan County. And he knows it

Still that doesn't stop you from talking up his shortcomings.

IIRC, Bray wasn't so solid on constitutional carry or other Indiana 2A advancements, then he came around?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Still that doesn't stop you from talking up his shortcomings.

IIRC, Bray wasn't so solid on constitutional carry or other Indiana 2A advancements, then he came around?

That is correct. He is the President Pro Tempore of the senate and was the one person holding it up for the longest time and the reason it died the last time. He is what Rob Kindle would call a Chamber of Commerce republican. Or COC for short. Or maybe just a short COC idk. Either way I'm not a fan. Unfortunately the people I talk to on a regular basis don't vote and the ones that do are dug in, straight ticket, hard Rs like most around here.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Yep same. Unfortunately Rod Bray is my representative and he is so ingrained in the Morgan County/Martinsville "good ol boy" system that he will never lose until a new generation of voters come of age and then God help us we may become Bloomington's broke ass cousin.
    I've got randall frye and chip perfect. Not sure they even came up with any good legislation. I wrote them numerous times on issues with no response. My previous rep lucas would only respond if ya sent him a atta boy on gun stuff. But when I asked about any kind of tax relief or anything else it was crickets. I'll definitely be voting for whoever runs against them in primaries

Top Bottom