• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Is it true that Ruger is coming out with first run of 1895's in 45/70 in december with the 336 to follow shortly thereafter. Wonder what the price point will be on these. Will put a hurting on Henry sales I bet.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    As of yesterday:

OCTOBER 06, 2021
    Ruger Announces Their First Marlin Rifle Release
    ___

MAYODAN, NC., Oct. 06, 2021.
    Christopher J. Killoy, Ruger CEO, said the first Marlin rifle to be delivered in December 2021 from their Mayodan, NC plant will be the Marlin model 1895SBL in 45-70.
    Killroy indicated that the company will release this model first and will be followed up by some 336 models and the popular model 444 as well. These centerfire rifles will then be followed up by some model 1894's in 357 and 44 magnum.

He also indicated that the Marlin famous Microgroove and Ballard rifling have been replaced with their method of rifling and that initial results are offering extremely good accuracy that they are use to producing from their other centerfire rifles in the Ruger line.

The model choice for first release is a proven best seller from past Marlin releases and is anticipated to sell very well.
    The company emphasized that although initial availability will be light they expect to ramp up quickly.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I think Henry is a full tier down from marlins with the JM stamp. A full to a half tier down from marlins with a REP laser etch.

I wonder in what tier the river marlin offering will be. I also wonder if the quality control testing will be performed by the end user or the Ruger corp. Ruger has a good track record of customer support but some of that is because customer support got a lot of practice taking care of issues that should not have been tested by the buying public..

this is neither a dis at Henry or ruger just a observation of opinions

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    A 336 in 30-30 has been keeping me awake, good luck playin' hard to get with that triple 4, we'll expect pics very soon.

I had a chance to pick up an older one a few years back for around $750. They were not yet "approved by the king" for deer in IN. I reasoned it would not get much use beyond the range and decided to pass.

Still kicking myself.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I had a chance to pick up an older one a few years back for around $750. They were not yet "approved by the king" for deer in IN. I reasoned it would not get much use beyond the range and decided to pass.

Still kicking myself.
    750.00 a few years back was probably kind of high anyway.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    The Marlin 1895 with 405 grain loads stoked with 3031 will shake your teeth. That's coming from somebody who owns and shoots a Weatherby 460. View attachment 162132
    One bright day when I was on afternoon shift I decided to go to the Farmland cc before work
    and run five rounds out of the 1895, and five out of the 450 just to see who won the recoil war. The 450 won, hands down, and I laughed all the way to work at mine own stupidity. Boy, was that a long shift.

Really looking forward to the. 444.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I'm impatiently waiting for Ruger to start producing these. I'm a little disappointed that they're starting with the 1895 because I already have one, but it'll be great to see Marlin leverguns rolling off the production line again, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they compare quality-wise to those produced before the acquisition. I'm really hoping for a 39m at some point, and I recently developed a need for an 1894 in .44 Mag.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The Marlin 1895 with 405 grain loads stoked with 3031 will shake your teeth. That's coming from somebody who owns and shoots a Weatherby 460. View attachment 162132

H4198 is what I go to for 45-70, and man... I ended up with an XS scout rail and leupold scout scope for obvious reasons. I think the reason the recoil is so severe is just because the 1895 is so light compared to a lot of the big bore big boy rifles.

Top Bottom