• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    A new Marlin, properly machined and made in .45-70 with a hexagon barrel at full rifle length with matching tubular magazine, real blued metal finish, and nice wood fit and finish is a "need to get" rather than a "want to get" firearm.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I can't see Ruger building a Marlin model that competes with their own line. If you already make and sell 10-22's why would you make and sell a model 60 to compete with it? Same with the bolt action .22, Ruger already has a pretty good one. Either way, I hope you Lever gun guys can get the one you want.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I can't see Ruger building a Marlin model that competes with their own line. If you already make and sell 10-22's why would you make and sell a model 60 to compete with it? Same with the bolt action .22, Ruger already has a pretty good one. Either way, I hope you Lever gun guys can get the one you want.

It's showing the Model 60, 795, and XT series on the new website.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I absolutely love a Marlin 60, was my first rifle and have owned several over the years, but I think it's a stretch, IMHO, to think they're legitimate competition to the best selling 22 rifle in the world.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Who says the model 60 is supposed to be competing with the 10-22?
    They have traditionally had quite different price points.
    Some folks may not be able to, or want to spend the extra money for the 10-22.

I have a 10-22 now and I like it a lot, but the model 60 was my first rifle, not just my first .22.
    I like the 10-22, but there's a special place in my heart for the model 60.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I absolutely love the look of thendark series. I love my henry x rifle. But the marlin/ruger dark lever gun looks better to me

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The lines will all come up eventually. They spent the money to purchase marlin in whole from the Fire sale, the only thing I see them not doing is the model 39a. Remington said they were still in production from the custom shop for 3k plus. Since it had been in production in some forum since 1890,s I just don’t know if they will see it as profitable to manufacture to the quality that would sell well For the price.

as far as future marlin purchases they will most likely still have a JM stamp in a circle on the barrel and been made in new haven or north haven. I have my needs in those levers covered and only wants remain.

Top Bottom