• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The owner issued a statement saying that this was not an authorized advertisement. It was produced by the employees and uploaded to Facebook of their own accord.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they're former employees now.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The look like they're all related, I don't know if Dice is going to fire his own kids.

Damn, people are stupid.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Also getting some attention is the Walmart 9/11 Coke display; seems pretty tasteful to me.

thumbnail.php

I'm not offended by the mattress commercial, as much as I'm amazed by the stupidity of the clowns who shot it.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I don't know how I feel about the above. I mean, that's a lot of work put into that display, and the superimposition of the towers over the flag doesn't seem distasteful to me, but having the medium be a commercial product for the sake of selling said product kind of rubs me the wrong way.

In any case much less awful than the mattress ad.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The owner issued a statement saying that this was not an authorized advertisement. It was produced by the employees and uploaded to Facebook of their own accord.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they're former employees now

I doubt it. The girl in the video is the owners daughter.

Bored and looking for a laugh, read their Facbook page. Their business is toast.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't know how I feel about the above. I mean, that's a lot of work put into that display, and the superimposition of the towers over the flag doesn't seem distasteful to me, but having the medium be a commercial product for the sake of selling said product kind of rubs me the wrong way.

I think its cool. Nobody is knocking them down, or being disrespectful. They recreated the beloved twin towers using a creative medium. They topped it with a tasteful banner. For me, the banner seals it. It shows reverence and respect. Had they simply piled some cases and made a sculpture I might agree with the naysayers. In this case I think it is a positive statement. And I will echo the sentiment; never forget.

Dont forget the moment of silence. Sunday AM at 8:46AM. (the moment the first plane hit)

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    When I saw this video earlier in the day all I could do was stare at my screen we my mouth hanging open like what the hell did I just see! I just don't see how these people could not see that the video they were making was in horrible taste. I wish I could say I'm sorry they closed their business but probably for the best.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have a modest proposal to put forward.

There are many ways in which humor can be perhaps uncouth and positive simultaneously.

Comedians can address social wrongs, attack the government, and address grievances that is not tasteful but rather provocative, causing thought and contemplation.

Humor can also assuage pain and lessen the blow of horror, as in the use of gallows humor. To some it may be inappropriate, but this is, to my mind, shallow thinking in some cases. Consider the old introduction to the story in Law & Order. One of the detectives always used a gallows humor quip. While to the uninitiated this may have seemed callous, but I rather believe it a positive psychological mechanism to deal with the pain and horror witnessed by those officers on a daily basis.

This, however, is to my thinking a vile and scurrilous example of a total lack of compassion or empathy. This does not attempt to deal with pain or redress an injustice but rather is done only to profiteer off of pain and suffering.

Their bankruptcy will be a positive affirmation of the free market working as it should.

Regards,

Doug

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I have a modest proposal to put forward.

There are many ways in which humor can be perhaps uncouth and positive simultaneously.

Comedians can address social wrongs, attack the government, and address grievances that is not tasteful but rather provocative, causing thought and contemplation.

Humor can also assuage pain and lessen the blow of horror, as in the use of gallows humor. To some it may be inappropriate, but this is, to my mind, shallow thinking in some cases. Consider the old introduction to the story in Law & Order. One of the detectives always used a gallows humor quip. While to the uninitiated this may have seemed callous, but I rather believe it a positive psychological mechanism to deal with the pain and horror witnessed by those officers on a daily basis.

This, however, is to my thinking a vile and scurrilous example of a total lack of compassion or empathy. This does not attempt to deal with pain or redress an injustice but rather is done only to profiteer off of pain and suffering.

Their bankruptcy will be a positive affirmation of the free market working as it should.

Regards,

Doug

really thought this was going to be about eating the business owner. ;)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, if they closed so quickly after this, they couldnt have been doing very well financially. I say good riddance.

But $20 says a new mattress store with a different name will reopen there or somewhere else and this guy will be connected to it. (but owned by his wife, etc to hide the affiliation)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Coca Cola gave between 1 and 2 million dollars to the 9/11 memorial.

Our Donors | National September 11 Memorial & Museum

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I don't mind a company donating. What would be the problem with that?

Think of it like if they had donated on the condition that their logo be put on the side of the monument. That's kind of the way I'm seeing that store display.

Nothing wrong with that.
    You said you didn't know how to feel about Coca Cola having that display at Walmart, I think their donation to build the 9/11 meorial makes it okay for them to do so.
    It's not entirelly for profit contrary to that mattress store.
    Not sure I'm being clear in my logic.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    We have all walked into a store with something being made out of Coke, Pepsi, Lite beer or whatever. Have ANY of those displays caused you to purchase said product? I thought the display was very tastefully. It looked to me that Coke wanted to have a memorial of sorts. I also would not not buy their product because of the display. I think all those displays are very cool. Especially the racecars. -Jason

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Nothing wrong with that.
    You said you didn't know how to feel about Coca Cola having that display at Walmart, I think their donation to build the 9/11 meorial makes it okay for them to do so.
    It's not entirelly for profit contrary to that mattress store.
    Not sure I'm being clear in my logic.
    I'm following your logic. I just feel conflicted on how tasteful it is. Case in point the image is being used by some anti-capitalists as a "see, look how they profit on suffering". I think it's silly to take the angle to that extent though.

I don't think the display was really meant to be a sales scheme. I think they were just wanting to make a statement with the materials they had on hand. Just something about the corporate logos makes it seem a bit off in the back of my head. I don't think the company meant anything distasteful by it of course, but I still get a vibe of tragedy meets consumer culture.

And the mattress people are pretty well on the other side of the spectrum. They meant it to entirely be a marketing promotion and not a memorial at all. No grey area there, it was entirely distasteful.

Top Bottom