LOL...
    In the middle 1800's,
    During this period, the image of pit
    bulls changed in America. People
    grew to love pit bulls, especially
    children. A myth started known as
    the “Nanny dog” myth where pit
    bulls would nanny children. This is,
    of course, false. But it illustrates how people loved the pit bull terrier.

Have you been around pit bulls? Just curious. They are similar to all other breeds. (Even the same for children) bad owners raise bad dogs. End of story.

bkflyer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    I have been in EMS for 26 years. I have hauled several pit bull mauling. I have NEVER hauled any other type of dog bite. I know other dogs bite bad enough to go to the hosp but Pit Bulls maul and eat. EVERY one one the ones I have hauled were "family dogs". There is a lot I don't know about dogs but after seeing the results of one eating its owners hands off I will never trust one.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Have you been around pit bulls? Just curious. They are similar to all other breeds. (Even the same for children) bad owners raise bad dogs. End of story.
    Yes I have. They are somewhat similar.
    Right up until they loose their minds and savagely tear a human apart.
    I'll stick with Labs and Chesapeakes.

Pitbull Attack Statistics

During the 15-year period from 2005 to 2020, dogs killed 568 Americans. Of these fatalities, Pitbulls contributed to 67% or 380 of them.

From 2011 to 2021, Level I trauma centers across several regions of the country completed 15 peer-reviewed retrospective medical studies. These studies reported similar findings regardless of geographical area.

The results showed that Pitbulls inflicted more injuries than other dog breeds – including the Rottweiler. The majority of these studies (12 of the 15) also demonstrated that injuries inflicted by Pitbulls are the most severe and require a higher number of surgical interventions – which can be up to five times higher than injuries by other dog breeds.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I'll have to see if I can find a pic...

Oldest daughter was around 20 at the time and weighed in around 100 soaking wet.

Showed up for breakfast and found her walking a pit bull she was "dog sitting" for a friend that easily topped her weight and was lean and muscular as all get out.

The dog was very protective of those he knew (my girl for example) and friendly as all get out amongst those whom he figured out she knew.

Great dog.

It is truly unfortunate. They are often viewed by ***holes as "bad ass" dogs that will compensate for their weaknesses...and such have no business with such dogs.

Hell, my experience is that most people are worse than most dogs I know.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I hear they can rip you a new a—hole!
    My first job was working at Petsmart. Moms would come in and say they want a hamster for their kid and not a gerbil because of their tail.

I always said sure, no problem and put on the leather gloves. The moms would always ask why the gloves. I would stand there with the hamster hanging from the glove.

They ask about the gerbils- off come the gloves and they wouldn't bite when I got them out of the cages.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    My first job was working at Petsmart. Moms would come in and say they want a hamster for their kid and not a gerbil because of their tail.

I always said sure, no problem and put on the leather gloves. The moms would always ask why the gloves. I would stand there with the hamster hanging from the glove.

They ask about the gerbils- off come the gloves and they wouldn't bite when I got them out of the cages.

I never understood the gerbil thing.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I'm sorry but this is an asinine argument.

I put an ar15 in my lawn it's not going off on its own and killing someone.

These dogs are.

I agree it's how theyre raised but you don't see assholes raising packs of attack chihuahuas.

It's ALWAYS pit bull breeds.
    Because that’s what’s reported (just like all mass shootings are done with AR15 type guns right) I get sent to call after call of mean pit bulls only to find anything hut, many times the threatening dog is only scared and people can’t read dog posture and of the dogs that are aggressive they are rarely pit bulls even though that’s whTs reported
    Last I looked Dalmatians bite more people than any other breed

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Back in the 80s I had several pitbulls, first two female litter-mates, and later a male. They were all great dogs, and I'll never have a better one than the male turned out to be. He died when he was three, in 1988, and I miss him still. He went a lot of places with me, and he ended up charming all of the people at the local obedience school who might have had a bad image of pitbulls before they met him.

All my dogs originated from the kennel of a guy who (allegedly) actively fought his dogs. If you've had the chance to look through the books about pitbulls written by Robert Stratton, you've seen pictures of my dog's close relatives. Funny thing is, all the dogs from that kennel that I knew were great with people, though not always good with other dogs, nor especially cats or other small animals. Also, my dogs were between 35 and 45 pounds, way small than pitbulls I see today. I would be inclined to believe that, like so many other dog breeds, the biggest problem with pitbulls comes from their popularity over the years, with many, many dogs being bred that should not have been bred.

I Invented the Internet

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    IN
    We need common sense dog control. No one is coming to take your dogs so don't be paranoid. Licensing, training and registration with the state should all be a requirement for certain breeds. I respect the right to pet ownership, but you don't need to own a dog bred for fighting.

</sarcasm>

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    But what about this?

Poodle Gun | The Tick Animated Wiki | Fandom

Top Bottom