• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    In that same segment O'Reilly also came out in favor of NY's AWB (calling it a "states' rights issue" instead of a 2A issue) and had to bait Rubio into the harshest part of his criticism of Obama by asking him two or three times if the President was demagoging the issue.

Rubio had a lot of sensible things to say IMO, including his immigration policy. As for O'Reilly, I'm growing less fond of him by the day.

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    “Look, I have questions about whether he’s truly committed to the Second Amendment as I understand it and most Americans would understand it. I don’t think he has the political courage to admit that,” Rubio said on Fox News.

Didn't he just say that he's for gun registration? How's that for being truly committed to the 2nd Amendment?

Palarran

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Note that I am not in favor of registration.

We have to understand the average person's view of things. From their perspective, they see that they are required to register cars, airplanes, boats, non-home businesses, births, deaths, marriages, etc., with the government. It does not seem like much of a stretch for those who are not in the gun culture, but who are not reflexively hostile to guns, to register a firearm. Most of our elected officials will be coming from this perspective, so we shouldn't be surprised if they indicate agreement with this sentiment. Therefore, we need to educate them on why we don't want registration so they can work against it.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Didn't he just say that he's for gun registration? How's that for being truly committed to the 2nd Amendment?

1. Most people don't see it as a prelude to confiscation.

2. The second amendment doesn't state that they CAN'T make you register those arms and so if you are a person as in (1) then it is really not a big deal to you.

I think the biggest argument for the 2A is the least well understood by most people. Most people don't consider all of their other rights to ride on this one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    I wouldn't call Bill O'Reilly an idiot, but he is no friend of the 2nd amendment, he was quick to defend his Hollywood friends after the whole demand a plan video backfired on them. He has his own agenda, one that I am sure revolves around putting money in his pocket.

Top Bottom