• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I dropped him last week when he proposed citizenship for 12 million illegals.

Oh. I didn't hear about this, or that would have done it first.

I hate it when a formerly-principled person sells out to try to please a larger audience in the hopes of grander aspirations.

Inuit Eskimos prohibit anyone who even remotely appears to want to be chief of the tribe from being chief. I think they're onto something.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Is that his normal stance? Did OReilly steamroll him?

“How’s he going to stand up to the Russians,” Daher famously asked about Dukakis, “when he can’t stand up to the corrupt midget?”
    [This quote is made in reference to a judge commenting on Dukakis's inability to prevent Billy Bulger, the equally corrupt brother of mobster Whitey Bulger, from pretty well running Massachusetts from his seat as President of the state senate.]

I believe the same applies here. Setting aside the fact that this apparently was in fact Rubio being Rubio, how can one make a defense or better yet suggest that he is capable of leadership on the world stage if he cannot keep from getting rolled by a Bill O'Reilly of all people?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Bill O'Reilly & Marco Rubio on Gun Registration, Federalizing ALL gun crime

:wow: that was rough to stomach. Every time I think that Bill O'Reilly can't top himself for coming up with horrific, statist ideas, he always does. O'Reilly lays a plan for total centralization of all gun crimes, insane mandatory sentencing, Federal restrictions on movement throughout the country with your property, Federal databases of ownership, and Federal background checks for everything. He rivals any of the most adamant proponents of a federal police state in congress. Then Marco Rubio comes on and says he had no problems with any of it. The following are O'Reilly's quotes. :puke:

"Talking Points has no problem with background checks or with gun registration."

"What President Obama can do is make all gun crimes, Federal crimes."

"Congress can forbid individuals from crossing state lines with certain types of weapons."

"What would work is a 10 year mandatory federal prison term for anyone convicted of any gun crime in the Windy City or anywhere else in America. Rob a Seven Eleven with a gun, 10 years in the Federal pen. Illegally possess a gun, same deal, 10 years!"

"Limiting heavy weapons like assault rifles should be considered by the individual states. Background checks on gun buyers should be mandatory and so should gun registration."

"The situation will not get any better in Chicago, or anywhere else, until gun crimes are federalized."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAjeplC6zAI

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    My take is did Rubio really have a handle on this interview. They were batting a lot around in a very short time frame. Much of what Rubio said made sense to me regarding immigration. No candidate is perfect. Rubio does need to clarify this slip if he wants to keep me on board. Let's give the guy a chance to explain, away from any coaching by O'Reilly. Hell, I voted for LBJ when I was young. Hope INGO doesn't write me off for that.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I find it hilarious that so many of you that haven't dealt with gun laws in other states don't understand why these guys say what they do.

If someone is from Florida and ONLY KNOWS what they do in Florida, what else would you expect him to say?

Just because we don't do it here in Indiana doesn't make it wrong.

My first carry license came from Texas where we went had classes on gun laws and proved we could safely handle and fire a handgun.

I'm reminded again why this is good when a lady pulled out her gun at shot at a neighbors dog in Bloomington this past weekened and got busted for discharging her weapon in city limits.

She only shot to scare the dog off... therefore had no excuse to fire her gun.

Ignorance of the law probably will cost her LTCH.

If Florida registers their guns and that's what Rubio is used to, then what's the problem?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    No candidate is perfect. Rubio does need to clarify this slip if he wants to keep me on board. Let's give the guy a chance to explain, away from any coaching by O'Reilly. Hell, I voted for LBJ when I was young. Hope INGO doesn't write me off for that.
    Well, Rubio also voted for the Patriot Act and NDAA. At this point it appears that he is not a supporter of the 4th, 5th, or 2nd Amendments.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I find it hilarious that so many of you that haven't dealt with gun laws in other states don't understand why these guys say what they do.

If someone is from Florida and ONLY KNOWS what they do in Florida, what else would you expect him to say?

Just because we don't do it here in Indiana doesn't make it wrong.

My first carry license came from Texas where we went had classes on gun laws and proved we could safely handle and fire a handgun.

I'm reminded again why this is good when a lady pulled out her gun at shot at a neighbors dog in Bloomington this past weekened and got busted for discharging her weapon in city limits.

She only shot to scare the dog off... therefore had no excuse to fire her gun.

Ignorance of the law probably will cost her LTCH.

If Florida registers their guns and that's what Rubio is used to, then what's the problem?

Just another milepost along the road to confiscation. Sure, no problem.
    :facepalm:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Just another milepost along the road to confiscation. Sure, no problem.
    :facepalm:

yup, typical "all or nothing" mindset. Funny how "States rights" apply everywhere but this issue. huh?

Just an FYI, there are more voting soccer moms out there than NRA members.

Better keep that in mind.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    yup, typical "all or nothing" mindset. Funny how "States rights" apply everywhere but this issue. huh?

That is the reason for a constitutional republic. In a democracy, 51% vote rules.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012

State's rights under 10A are specifically mitigated by the other enumerated rights in the Constitution.

So, yes, infringement of 2A rights, is not an option for the states under 10A.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't think we are going to go to the top of anything good as long as we allow the Establishment media to choose our "up and coming" leaders for us.

With all due respect sir, I see a lot of finger pointing with little or no action to change or fix things. Where is YOUR person/voice/candidate that we can get behind and promote right now, two years out?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Muncie
    so you guys are pissing in Rubio's cheerios because he supports what his State does.

mmkay.

The 2009 Florida Statutes

790.335* Prohibition of registration of firearms; electronic records.--

(2)**PROHIBITIONS.--No state governmental agency or local government, special district, or other political subdivision or official, agent, or employee of such state or other governmental entity or any other person, public or private, shall knowingly and willfully keep or cause to be kept any list, record, or registry of privately owned firearms or any list, record, or registry of the owners of those firearms.

I don't think they register firearms in FL. Unless something has changed (that was from '09). He seemed awfully eager to kiss O'reilly's backside. Maybe he just misspoke. I hope he retracts his statements. For me that has a limited window and that doesn't include the year 2016.

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    If this is true, he might as well change parties now because he just screwed up and most of the pro 2nd Amendment people are independents and republicans.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    *Sigh* Marco, Marco, Marco......

What in the world were you thinking? Do you really believe this is what t he voters you'll be trying to woo believe?

Sdixon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Wayne county
    But..but...but he is a republican!

Oops.... my bad.

Truth is, there is little to no difference between them and the democrats.

They should just change their name to the uniparty and quit acting as if they are two different parties.

I'm glad I didn't waste my vote on obamney.

Agreed! I used to call them democrat light; but now a days I don't think there is even enough difference to call them that.

That's why I typically support libertarian candidates; I know some folks will say voting for a third party is a wasted voted and only helps the left; but I've gotten to the point that I cannot in good conscience contribute my vote to the destruction of this country.
    I'd rather vote for a candidate that supports the constitution and individual liberty even if they have a snowballs chance in hell of winning.

Top Bottom