March 2011 Indy 1500 (18th, 19th, and 20th)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wingcollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Zionsville
    Just a question, I went to the last 1500 with my young son, primarily to look for a nice 10/22 for him, and some military related pieces for me. I haven't been to one in years. It was packed, there were rows that were so packed with people that we couldn't even get down and many of those we could were packed so tight that I at 6'1" 225, could barely see what was on the tables, much less my 10 year old who started getting a little freaked out. Is this common? Or was this just because we had another "ban scare" due to the Arizona shooting? I had actually found a decent .303 I was interested in , but I couldn't get back to it! Bought the 10/22 at Gander!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Just a question, I went to the last 1500 with my young son, primarily to look for a nice 10/22 for him, and some military related pieces for me. I haven't been to one in years. It was packed, there were rows that were so packed with people that we couldn't even get down and many of those we could were packed so tight that I at 6'1" 225, could barely see what was on the tables, much less my 10 year old who started getting a little freaked out. Is this common? Or was this just because we had another "ban scare" due to the Arizona shooting? I had actually found a decent .303 I was interested in , but I couldn't get back to it! Bought the 10/22 at Gander!

The Indy 1500 has gotten progressively more crowded over the past four shows I've attended. I would say this one will be just as crowded for a several reasons:

1. Good weather;
    2. People anticipate being able to shoot more;
    3. People looking buy from and to non-vendor salesmen prefer crowds for better opportunities; and
    4. People spending tax money.

Now, I can be 100% wrong and this is just a guess, but even if I'm off, I doubt it will be my much.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    the last show was RIDICULOUS! as far as crowds go and it was because of the arizona shooting. the couple shows before that weren't bad at all. the october show was almost scarce.

Wingcollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Zionsville
    the last show was RIDICULOUS! as far as crowds go and it was because of the arizona shooting. the couple shows before that weren't bad at all. the october show was almost scarce.

Thanks for the replys, I might try it again then. Although, even with 3/4s of the crowd one would think that the organizers would expand into other buildings. If I can't see it,I can't buy it! :)

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I will be there, Sunday, with a friend, John, JRMDEPUTY, here on INGO. He is looking for a Ruger, MK III, 22/45, and would LOVE to do business, with someone here, on INGO, if you have one for sale, indivual, or business, please, feel free, to post up here, or send me a pm....
    Thanks, Steve

HawkI

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Behind the sights, a
    First ever gun show, going with open mind, but ideally, the following

This will be my FIRST gun show ever

Want to buy... probably an AK if I can find the right one at the right price... and all the goodies that go with it.

• recoil reducing stock
    • hogue grip
    • quality muzzle-break
    • quick release for mag
    • mags
    • mags
    • mags
    • rail system
    • recoil pad (that goes inside, can't remember what it's called)
    • scope or sight, I'm debating between a 1/2 decent scope or a sight... don't care as much for round red-dots, love the style usually found on M4
    • OR... one that's already tricked out pretty well

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    Tyler34 has generously agreed to show a selection of my holster work at his table, since I can't make it up this weekend. Stop by and check out the IWB hybrids and mag pouches. Turns out that Tyler and I live in the same apartment complex. Small world.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Tyler, you are absolutely right! I forgot about that show and now I recall why.

WhoDaThunk?RN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Franklin township
    This is the first gun show I'm willingly going to, been to one YEARS ago. Hubby and I will be going tomorrow. I'm in the market for a holster for my Ruger LCR, and maybe but I doubt it, an additional or different carry gun. Hubby wants some more defense ammo for several of his guns. I may look at a purse made to conceal, for the RARE occassion that I won't be able to carry on my person, I'd still like to be able to have it with me.

If you see a chick wearing some strange toe shoes..that's probably me! :pThey are super comfy and quite the conversation piece...and not too many people actually have them around here since less than 10 stores carry them in Indiana.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    friday is a good day to go, either get there way early or be prepared to either wait in line or wait in your car untill the line to get in dies down a little.

hours are at indy1500.com

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    this just in! stop by and put your name in the box for a drawing for a henry holsters tacticool outside the waistband beer can holster:rockwoot:

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    my century 74 works great. it's a nodak receiver and has functioned flawlessly. I went to jahred.:D
    they have alot of them with improper sized barrels its not all but lot... i got a lot of century arms rifles (love my Wasr10 and yugo sks) but that problem with the 74's got me worried. Plus there warranty isn't the greatest. One year from shipped from factory so by the time we get it chances are its up. Ill see ya sat want some paracord stuff!!!!

Top Bottom