Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would actually support this because the first step to a state seceding is to stop suckling from the federal teet! Let's see how all those blue states fare when red states stop paying into the national Ponzi scheme that is the federal government.
    Don’t expect that for Indiana. No way Holcomb will stop sucking Biden’s uh. You know.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Don’t expect that for Indiana. No way Holcomb will stop sucking Biden’s uh. You know.

Hell, if there ever is a governor of Indiana that has anything even resembling something like a backbone to mention secession, rest assured there will be plenty of Republicans to explain how such matters are "beyond the pale" and put him back on his knees for the sucking....along with theirselves.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hell, if there ever is a governor of Indiana that has anything even resembling something like a backbone to mention secession, rest assured there will be plenty of Republicans to explain how such matters are "beyond the pale" and put him back on his knees for the sucking....along with theirselves.
    I’m not even talking about secession. Just grow a pair and tell Biden to **** all the way off, or at least as far as he can manage at his age.

Rosenbah

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2021
    Springfield, OH
    Kavanaugh was not a good pick.
    Right Kavanaugh and Roberts screwed the health care workers. We still need to pray for our medical workers! At least there is some relief from the mandate. Now for something to help the military and federal civilians from Brandon's EOs. They (we) are still in peril. But, He is in charge - not us.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ok, I see, I used a $10 word instead of gifts.

Federal money is how fed.gov gets the states to dance.

Take a germane example of when the Brady Law was struck down by SCOTUS. It was the feds dragooning the states into implementing an unfunded mandate as state legislatures are not subject to federal direction.

So, the feds use their unlimited money. This is what the current administration will do to achieve vaccine mandates. Tell the states if they want this check, you tell your people to get vaccinated or else.

I was thinking of when the Feds threatened to withhold Interstate $$$ unless States raised the drinking age.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I would actually support this because the first step to a state seceding is to stop suckling from the federal teet! Let's see how all those blue states fare when red states stop paying into the national Ponzi scheme that is the federal government.
    Unfortunately, most of the states sucking up federal money are red states, and most of the states paying more than they receive are blue. I’m sure there are lots of reasons for it (population, GDP, lower taxes), but red states dropping out of the game won’t impact federal money too much.

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    Unfortunately, most of the states sucking up federal money are red states, and most of the states paying more than they receive are blue. I’m sure there are lots of reasons for it (population, GDP, lower taxes), but red states dropping out of the game won’t impact federal money too much.
    I’d be curious to see any supporting documents to this statement.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    It just says because you choose to assess less taxes, you are more of a burden on the fed. It leaves out 90% of the state financial picture.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    It just says because you choose to assess less taxes, you are more of a burden on the fed. It leaves out 90% of the state financial picture.
    I didn’t say it was a bad strategy to tax your people less and let states like California make up the difference. But, California and others aren’t going to be hurt if red states were no longer in the game. Our taxes would just have to go up.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You should qualify that statement for what it actually means. It is an issue of GDP vs poverty. California, for example, has the highest number of SNAP recipients in the nation. A lot of federal money goes to Californians because they’re poor. California also has the highest GDP by far. They are the poorest state in terms of supplemental poverty rate (percentage of people on government assistance) but they’re also the richest state in terms of most billionaires, by far.

But the point is true enough. If all red states seceded, some would be a high net loss of income for the US. But on balance, many states would remove federal burden.

But, it’s my prediction that the US would quickly devolve into a ******** without the red states’ skepticism and resistance to nutty policies. California stands as the model for what progressives want. They actually want income inequality because it’s what they produce when there’s no opposition to their policies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I didn’t say it was a bad strategy to tax your people less and let states like California make up the difference. But, California and others aren’t going to be hurt if red states were no longer in the game. Our taxes would just have to go up.
    That’s not the reality. States don’t really have much say on federal taxes. It’s not by strategy that people and enterprises pay less collectively to the federal government in red states. Again, I’d argue that California would be hurt in the long run without dissenting voices resisting attempts to make the whole nation adopt bat **** crazy, ******** making policies.

California is only a net producer because all the rich people want to live there because of the weather and countryside. If all the rich people decided that Florida was better, California would become a massive Missippi clone.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    You should qualify that statement for what it actually means. It is an issue of GDP vs poverty. California, for example, has the highest number of SNAP recipients in the nation. A lot of federal money goes to Californians because they’re poor. California also has the highest GDP by far. They are the poorest state in terms of supplemental poverty rate (percentage of people on government assistance) but they’re also the richest state in terms of most billionaires, by far.

But the point is true enough. If all red states seceded, some would be a high net loss of income for the US. But on balance, many states would remove federal burden.

But, it’s my prediction that the US would quickly devolve into a ******** without the red states’ skepticism and resistance to nutty policies. California stands as the model for what progressives want. They actually want income inequality because it’s what they produce when there’s no opposition to their policies.
    Agreed. It was never meant to be a dig at red states. It was a statement of fact in response to a specific post. Red states contribute too much for the US to survive without them. But, rich folks with high taxes are in blue states.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom