• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Guess people don't go farther than the headlines... this is saying it's on the iOS app, but I wouldn't trust the android app, or straight web browsing either.

Yes it sees all clicks on the in app browser. Same thing Facebook Instagram, or any other app with an in app browser do. They want to know your shopping, browsing buying habits but ya they can snatch all kinds of info.

Personally I don’t make a habit of using the in app browsers to do anything let along access my bank account

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Metal detector or scanner? More and more places are using the scanners that "look" through your clothes for objects vs just looking for metal. A box pops up over areas where a suspicious object is "seen" by the machine and then they either search it wand that area. I went through one recently and it ignored metal objects other than my gun, and the box popped up right where it was. Not at the fair, just saying.
    I think they use those at Disney world, I went last year and the guy said it went off on my right pocket. But it wasn't a gun or knife, can't remember what all I had in that pocket though. Keys, inhaler, cigarette lighter, various other things could have been in that pocket. Didn't say anything about the pocket knife clipped behind the belt buckle though.

How do they work? Similar to what they use at airports or? If so shouldn't there be notices before hand because iirc those use radiation for checking.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Yes it sees all clicks on the in app browser. Same thing Facebook Instagram, or any other app with an in app browser do. They want to know your shopping, browsing buying habits but ya they can snatch all kinds of info.

Personally I don’t make a habit of using the in app browsers to do anything let along access my bank account

Yep. It's common for links within an app to simply open the HTML content in a webform w/in the app. While it's possible to then stay in-app and go to other unrelated sites (e.g. your bank), it would be very unusual and foolish. If you're doing anything other than passively consuming the content linked, you would open Safari or Chrome...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I think they use those at Disney world, I went last year and the guy said it went off on my right pocket. But it wasn't a gun or knife, can't remember what all I had in that pocket though. Keys, inhaler, cigarette lighter, various other things could have been in that pocket. Didn't say anything about the pocket knife clipped behind the belt buckle though.

How do they work? Similar to what they use at airports or? If so shouldn't there be notices before hand because iirc those use radiation for checking.

In the US I think only millimeter wave machines are used. They use radiation, but remember heat and light are types of radiation so not everything that radiates gets a sign or every lightbulb would need one. The machines use electromagnetic radiation that is non-ionizing, similar to FM radio or your cell phone signal. It has two antennaes and bounces the electromagnetic wave off you, looks for bends, and then either produces an image or uses AI to indicate to human users where objects are. The ones we used at military installations created an image, and it was essentially the naked smurf version of you. The airport and private owned ones here don't show the image to the human user, just boxes pop up and that's why they have to wand or check you to see what it is. The ones we used there was zero wanding or checking, I could tell if it was keys or a knife or whatever without that need due to the photo-like clarity of the image.

380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    It is all theater! Even if they look in the bag, you just open the top and they look in. They don't go through it at all. Next time you go, watch them search through strollers or wheel chairs (hint, they don't).

These two items are a HUGE issue for security. I'm in a wheelchair myself and work security. We don't check wheelchairs, due to possible HIPPA issues and most people are uncomfortable in searching a disabled person. There are way too many spots to hide a gun, drugs, alcohol, etc, on a wheelchair, especially a power wheelchair.
    Strollers should be checked (and are where I work) every time they go into the State Fair.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Not fishy at all, when backpacks can easily be passed over the fence, which I have read on INGO is the preferred manner for hooligans to get firearms into the fairgrounds: Hooligan 1 walks empty-handed through security, then goes to the midway or similar area, walks to the fence, where Hooligan 2 is waiting with a backpack containing desired contraband. Hooligan 2 simply tosses the backpack over the fence to Hooligan 1.
    Like a magic trick or something.

Top Bottom