• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Which is why, the government allowing this to happen, is complicit.
    Protesting is one thing.
    Vandalism and blocking transport is another.
    Civil disobedience is a thing and can focus attention on an issue.
    In my mind, a component in civil disobedience is the willingness of protesters to stand for their cause and be arrested.
    Okay fine, we've got that part. But in many of these oil protesting situations, the police aren't upholding their part of the arrangement and arresting/removing these protesters. In many instances I've seen, the police simply drag the protesters off the roadway, only to have them walk back. No No No, this is not the proper function of any law enforcement agency.

Possible short term strategy...
    Anti-protesters/drivers, should begin to carry heavy duty zip-ties and/or duct tape to secure protesters to any solid object in sight. I understand it's only a short term action, but it beats dragging them off only to have them return seconds later.
    Anti-protesters/drivers have to ban together or else they'll run out of fuel waiting on these ding-a-lings.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anti-protesters/drivers, should begin to carry heavy duty zip-ties and/or duct tape to secure protesters to any solid object in sight.

That would be, illegal confinement.
    So.. still illegal.
    But it would be better than pulling a trigger.

I agree, that the police should be doing their job.
    When they don't, people will eventually get mad, and pick up the slack.
    And will often, overdo it, or do something wrong.

Which is why the police are supposed to do their job.
    And that's probably not happening because of the politicians.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    That would be, illegal confinement.
    So.. still illegal.
    But it would be better than pulling a trigger.

I agree, that the police should be doing their job.
    When they don't, people will eventually get mad, and pick up the slack.
    And will often, overdo it, or do something wrong.

Which is why the police are supposed to do their job.
    And that's probably not happening because of the politicians.
    I agree with your sentiment. I see our protests here, police watching protesters blocking traffic and jumping on cars. They do nothing. Police watch protestors use things do dent cars and break windows. They do nothing. Police watch cars try to escape, while protestors try to pull people out of the cars. They do nothing. The person in the car runs over a protestor trying to save his family's life. They arrest the victim in the car.

Police have a job to do. When they intentionally don't do it, average people will fill the slack. This is the fault of the government, not the people.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I agree with your sentiment. I see our protests here, police watching protesters blocking traffic and jumping on cars. They do nothing. Police watch protestors use things do dent cars and break windows. They do nothing. Police watch cars try to escape, while protestors try to pull people out of the cars. They do nothing. The person in the car runs over a protestor trying to save his family's life. They arrest the victim in the car.

Police have a job to do. When they intentionally don't do it, average people will fill the slack. This is the fault of the government, not the people.

It's a sentiment I remember seeing, a quotable quote.
    Except, I can't remember the quote, and of course, can't find the quote.

Basically, it was about vigilantism.
    And how vigilantism can result in mobs going after the wrong person, or the right person... but overdoing the punishment.
    And how rule of law should moderate those problems. The law is there not to protect the guilty (like some think), but to protect the citizen from the State AND the mob.
    BUT, that if the citizens lose faith in the ability of the government to administer 'justice', then they themselves would administer it, with all that comes with that.

Top Bottom