• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    In my experience, the county police here, in general, are in lock step with South Bend-read VERY anti-gun. The county police are also the least paid in the area.
    What I find strange is the Warren firefighters response. I know several of their volunteers. The whole department staff own guns. Perhaps their chief is more politician than firefighter now.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I heard that the chief was heard saying, " BAAAH !!! BAAAH !!!" as he ran around like a scared little sheeple. :D I hope the guys wins big $$$. Then spends it on a billboard that promotes OC. :rockwoot:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I voted in their pole. And to the person who says contact the ACLU here is what they told me before. "We at the ACLU take a neutral stance on the second amendment"

Somehow, I find that unlikely.

They only seem to defend those rights of which they agree.

I was kidding about running to the ACLU. They get bored after just one amendment. Heh.

Not entirely true: Mark Fiorino (aka ViperGTS19801) civil rights lawsuit thread

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Someone needs to do some legwork and add up how much all of these lawsuits are costing taxpayers and forward that to our representatives in the Legislature and the governor. Its about time they change or repeal a LOT of these sometimes vague and unnecessary laws to help with this kind of confusion.

Constitutional Carry anyone?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Someone needs to do some legwork and add up how much all of these lawsuits are costing taxpayers and forward that to our representatives in the Legislature and the governor. Its about time they change or repeal a LOT of these sometimes vague and unnecessary laws to help with this kind of confusion.

Constitutional Carry anyone?

I think we all just assumed you were on top of that already:D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Its about time they change or repeal a LOT of these sometimes vague and unnecessary laws to help with this kind of confusion.

Careful there...our opponents probably agree. But the stuff they'd change and repeal would differ. ;)

I've said many times: I look forward to the day I don't have to be a lawyer just to be able to exercise my 2A rights. This case just shows we're still a long way from realizing my vision.

Unit308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Sorry to say that I see this differently. I watched the newscast, and I agree that the media went way overboard on this, but...

The Clown, and I mean this in every sense, went to the poll with his gun on display and was well aware that the open carry would cause an issue.
    Me? I went to my polling place too, and I was carrying also. But mine was concealed...I voted and left.
    I maintain that those who carry openly are attention seekers. Maybe they don't get enough attention at home.
    It has been my experience that those who most often carry openly are the newly licensed youngsters who want to strut and show off and say to the world, "Hey...Look at me! I have a gun on my belt and I want you to see it!"

They are silly fools. Immature.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Sorry to say that I see this differently. I watched the newscast, and I agree that the media went way overboard on this, but...

The Clown, and I mean this in every sense, went to the poll with his gun on display and was well aware that the open carry would cause an issue.
    Me? I went to my polling place too, and I was carrying also. But mine was concealed...I voted and left.
    I maintain that those who carry openly are attention seekers. Maybe they don't get enough attention at home.
    It has been my experience that those who most often carry openly are the newly licensed youngsters who want to strut and show off and say to the world, "Hey...Look at me! I have a gun on my belt and I want you to see it!"

I think you wanted this thread:rolleyes:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/71996-the_open_carry_argument.html

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011

This isn't an OC Vs. CC argument. You can have an opinion one way or another without getting into a p*ssing match with someone who disagrees. But what the thread IS about, is St. Joe County violating Indiana State polling laws.

OC or CC, it doesn't matter. If they could ban OC, how long do you think it would take to ban CC and have TSA start setting up checkpoints for searches? Think this wouldn't happen? Look at history. It is a very real concern.

Me now, I open carried to the poll. I've had police call it John Wayne'ing it, have had it suggested that I cover it up, etc. What I have NOT tolerated is any unlawful order to not excersize my god given and constitutional protected right to bear a weapon. The only concession I give to this is state law that prohibits carrying at specific types of locations. Instead, I avoid them.

Am I a young guy? Well, I've only in my early 30's. So I guess you can say yes on that. Do I see attention? Not really, but OC means having it on display for a deterrent effect. I want the attention of any BG's to know someone is there that probably wont put up on a potential attack. Does this mean I'm wanting to get in a shootout? God no. But I'm as prepared for it as I can be if I have to be in one. I'm also former military, so I have a little bit of training and whatnot.

:twocents:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Thank you for removing all doubt as to your intelligence and maturity level.... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom