• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    If you listen to the end of the ABC57 video, the reporter says Mr. Winn is instructing poll workers to not allow firearms in polling locations in churches and the one hospital in the county. The only reason to not allow in a church is if it has a licensed daycare/school on the property. If it does, then obviously a no go. If it does not have a licensed school, there is no reason for not allowing legal carry. It would appear that the election board just cannot seem to get it right.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    If you listen to the end of the ABC57 video, the reporter says Mr. Winn is instructing poll workers to not allow firearms in polling locations in churches and the one hospital in the county. The only reason to not allow in a church is if it has a licensed daycare/school on the property. If it does, then obviously a no go. If it does not have a licensed school, there is no reason for not allowing legal carry. It would appear that the election board just cannot seem to get it right.

:ugh:

It really is not that difficult, why do they not get it???

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    :ugh:

It really is not that difficult, why do they not get it???
    I have a couple of different theories on that...

My favorite is that they have suffered from Cranial-Anal Inversion for so long that their brains have become oxygen deprived and they are suffering from delusions and hallucinations... :dunno:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I have a couple of different theories on that...

My favorite is that they have suffered from Cranial-Anal Inversion for so long that their brains have become oxygen deprived and they are suffering from delusions and hallucinations... :dunno:

Does that mean that they suffer a brown out?

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    "Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Kudos to Clay for seeing it through. Here's hoping they learned an expensive lesson.

The county did not learn an expensive lesson. They have spent a few bucks in attorney fees and dealing with he issue. To my knowledge there has not been a financial settlement of any kind. I doubt if there will be much of one now. Basically the county has realized their mistake. I expect this case will not go any farther. The plaintiff may get a few grand plus attorney fees but that will be it.

The best outcome of this issue is that a precedent has been set state wide and I doubt if anyone carrying today gets hassled unless they try to vote in a school building.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Personally I think the easy solution to this would be to not allow use of any facility for voting where you cannot carry. I know this probably makes too much sense for the government to implement.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    The county did not learn an expensive lesson. They have spent a few bucks in attorney fees and dealing with he issue. To my knowledge there has not been a financial settlement of any kind. I doubt if there will be much of one now. Basically the county has realized their mistake. I expect this case will not go any farther. The plaintiff may get a few grand plus attorney fees but that will be it.

The best outcome of this issue is that a precedent has been set state wide and I doubt if anyone carrying today gets hassled unless they try to vote in a school building.

they haven't even gotten to the point where settlements are on the table yet. if it goes far enough, indiana law establishes minimum amounts for payout on this kind of case.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    This thread reminds me of my own polling place fiasco in 2008. My shift ends at 0600 hrs. The polls open at 0600 hrs. I was of course still in uniform having just marked off duty. I walk in and notice a older poll worker staring at me. She walked over and told me that I needed to leave. I asked her why that was and she went into the firearms and being in uniform thing. I actually had people in line with me sticking up for me (some were quite vocal). I suggested that the poll worker call her supervisor and touch base with them on the matter. She did and I voted. It was kind of embarrassing however. Our only restriction on the matter is campaigning for someone while in uniform. I think she had that confused and I have no idea on her thinking on the firearms part.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Voted tonight after work. A couple of looks from the workers but not a word. They have been well coached thanks to Clay.

I appreciate his character and conviction. He is a good man and has helped prevent us from being disarmed while exercising our right to vote. He stood up for his, and our rights. I think that gets lost around this thread from time to time.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    Sounds like it wasn't breach of the peace until the police illegally tried to eject him and then arrested him for a law that doesn't exist. This guy's got a payday coming and rightfully so.

Really REALLY hope this gets some news coverage. It would be embarrassing for our police, but better that citizens learn the laws.

Top Bottom