• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    A buddy of mine in KY lives near the place where they make Makers Mark. He bought me a bottle and I thought it was fine. :cheers:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've been drinking it for a few years now and I like it. I rate it a significant step up from Jim Beam and just a little below Knob Creek.

Good stuff!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    How can there be a thread about Makers Mark and I not be in it?! Just have to bring this thread back from the dead!:D

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    A thread about Makers Mark is a good thread; my favorite Kentucky Bourbon.

I have 2 bottles of Knob Creek and it is good, but I only have emptys of MM.

If you like KC, I think this is available as a house brand at Costco (first saw it late last year, would not have been around during the original thread). :alcoholic:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Compared to Old No. 7, it comes in as No. 8.

And Jameson's is No. 7½. IMHO. Wouldn't turn it down. Ever sipped Jack Single Barrel ?? Yowwza! Should last a year, but it don't!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have a 1996 bottle of MM commemorating the 96 Kentucky Wildcats championship win. It has the denim label and white wax top. I won't ever open that, but I occasionally get a taste for bourbon, and MM is what I prefer.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ive taken a tour of the MM distillery, even got a bottle that was dipped and signed by the owner.

2 shots of MM, 1 shot sour, 3 ice cubes and 1 or 2 marichino cherries. The best whiskey sour imho.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I'm a MM ambassador. I have a barrel with my name on it....literally. can't wait to go get a taste from it!!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I'm a MM ambassador. I have a barrel with my name on it....literally. can't wait to go get a taste from it!!
    Me too.
    I have taken the tour 2 times and also the Candle Light Tour on a 3rd visit.
    I also have the master distillers signature on a bottle from 2 years ago, along with the special limited run bottle from when the Colts won the Super Bowl.
    I also have a slam dunk, and several other double and triple colored dipped bottles.

Top Bottom