• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Due to worsening societal conditions? Or are Americans just getting carried away with the idea of "gearing up?" As a society, we are kinda prone to buying stuff. =]
    Neither, I buy them to have, they are expendable. They are a good investment. Examples: FAL 20rd NOS, $6 - $8 ea. Now $40 - $50ea.
    1911 GI Mags, $3, now $12 - $15
    AR15 New G.I. $4, Now $15.
    Get the picture?

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    Understood.

Your words should not matter to us. It will be noted that you are not to be believed. :nono:
    I can live with that.

You ask me for background information.
    I provide lots of background information.
    Now you demand background information for the background information.

I have a suggestion.
    Learn to use THIS.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Wow this conversion went full INGO!

OK guys, mags are a good investment. Buy as many as you can afford. They don’t go bad as long as you don’t store them outside. For that matter just leave them in the packaging and toss them in the closet. They don’t go bad.

Carrying a gun? I would carry an extra mag if at all possible. Let’s put this in order of what you need: keys, cell phone, pocket knife (SAK), wallet, flashlight, bandaids, handgun, social knife, spare magazine, TQ/emergency bandage. You can mix an match this a bit based on you dress and activities. But my point is you will have to use your keys and phone. I even need the flashlight, utility knife and even a bandaid frequently. Very unlikely you will need the spare magazine or TQ. But you never know and I am all about being as prepared as possible.

How well do you shoot your gun? How tight is your gun handling? Mindset and situational awareness? Hint, there is nobody here that couldn’t do it better. BW brought up a good point about preparedness and mindset and I agree. We could start a whole big thread on just this topic. Don’t forget that shooting is a martial art.

Glock = Bad. Fellows, Glock is in the business of selling guns. Trust me Sig plays the same supposed games, so does S&W. What is the saying “don’t hate the player, hate the game”. I have worked with sales for years and it is the same in every industry. Companies make money and exist due to profit as a result of selling a product. (Full disclosure: I carry either a 1911 or original Walther PPS.) Now I am going to say something that will hurt a lot of feelings. BUY A GLOCK in 9mm. Your choice is G17, G19, G26, G34 or G45. Learn to shoot that Glock. Buy several magazines for that Glock. Glocks are simply the most prevalent handgun in the US. I don’t carry Glocks but I do travel a lot and I keep a G26 in a safe in my truck because it will accept all of the larger magazines from other 9mm Glocks. Another option would be a Glock in .40S&W with a 9mm conversion barrel. Don’t like Glocks? Glocks icky? Glocks don’t fit your hands? Man up and learn to shoot a Glock! Again shooting is a martial art.

And while we are in the subject BUY AN AR-15 IN .556! Buy a bunch of magazines for that AR. ARs aren’t really my cup of tea but guess what….I have one sitting in the safe.

Is your neighborhood safe? No doubt it is. Truth is the US is pretty darn safe most everywhere. But don’t forget that stupid seems to follow good people around. Don’t ever assume that it won’t find you. As far as seeing stupid. Well as I mentioned I travel a lot and sleep in a lot of hotels. Stupid is everywhere from big to small towns. I also work in agriculture and as such see a lot of country. Guess what stupid is there as well. Don’t ever think it can’t happen to you.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    And No, I'm not buying a Glock. I don't want one. I don't need one.

Do it! I know it’s an urge you are fighting. It’s OK…..it’s ok. Show me where the icky black brick gun touched you. See it’s ok.

Oh and to get back on track I would own at least 5-7 magazines for your new Glock.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    In a few hours, I sold a few gross at a Tipton show for $125.00 each then.
    How many pistol mags for each handgun does one need?
    To me, More than a loadout seems to be a waste of cash.
    Hmmm ... I think that I'm starting to figure out this cat ... it's o.k. to gouge people when the opportunity presents itself and they seem to buy into the liberal spread the wealth narrative ... nobody needs more than (fill in the blank) of (fill in the blank).

These ideas and practices are so far from what our country was founded upon that I'm beginning to believe we've turned a corner that we may not be able to unturn. I truly hope that I'm misreading things.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Hmmm ... I think that I'm starting to figure out this cat ... it's o.k. tthat.o gouge people when the opportunity presents itself and they seem to buy into the liberal spread the wealth narrative ... nobody needs more than (fill in the blank) of (fill in the blank).

These ideas and practices are so far from what our country was founded upon that I'm beginning to believe we've turned a corner that we may not be able to unturn. I truly hope that I'm misreading things.
    There it is yet again, im a liberal.

Wow TJ, im sad to say that I had nothing to do with the market price at that time. I sold at the Market Selling Price at that time, not the Cheaper Than Dirt Price.
    Im such a gouger that ive given away primers', bullets, powder, dies and brass here, among other things. I posted a few nib FN mags in the classified for 25.00 each that I paid 39.99 for here. Donated rimfire bricks to AppleSeeds,
    Sold a nib 700 adl combo here for $425.00
    Im a bad person.

Funny you should have been at the reloading swap meet to see the gouging I got away with their. Like 325 rd Federal automatch boxes for 20 bucks, boxes of Win 6.5 creed for 20.00 a box. You could have bought a pair of nib $150.00 Be Like Frank curb stompers for $75.00
    I Must be a Gouger.
    Tell me,
    Did you get the .50 cent a round for that self destructing .06 you were selling?
    Or that $600.00 + Sig 938 that 700 + members viewed that no one bought?
    Maybe ask yourself, Were you gouging?
    Postell.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    There it is yet again, im a liberal.

Wow TJ, im sad to say that I had nothing to do with the market price at that time. I sold at the Market Selling Price at that time, not the Cheaper Than Dirt Price.
    Im such a gouger that ive given away primers', bullets, powder, dies and brass here, among other things. I posted a few nib FN mags in the classified for 25.00 each that I paid 39.99 for here. Donated rimfire bricks to AppleSeeds,
    Sold a nib 700 adl combo here for $425.00
    Im a bad person.

Funny you should have been at the reloading swap meet to see the gouging I got away with their. Like 325 rd Federal automatch boxes for 20 bucks, boxes of Win 6.5 creed for 20.00 a box. You could have bought a pair of nib $150.00 Be Like Frank curb stompers for $75.00
    I Must be a Gouger.
    Tell me,
    Did you get the .50 cent a round for that self destructing .06 you were selling?
    Or that $600.00 + Sig 938 that 700 + members viewed that no one bought?
    Maybe ask yourself, Were you gouging?
    Postell.
    WOW! Touched a nerve did I? Justify your actions however you see fit to allow yourself to sleep at night ... I couldn't care any less.

As to my classified listings ... no, the 30-06 ammo did not sell for my asking price, but it did sell for a price that I was satisfied with, and no, the Sig did not sell at my asking price on this forum, but it did sell for my asking price on another forum. Who cares? Look back farther ... I also didn't sell a bunch of other stuff that I've listed. Again, who cares? My asking price is my business and I certainly don't brag about selling anything at an inflated price as your were. AND, I did not come back to list all my donations or sales at a loss as you did ... why so touchy when somebody quotes what you wrote and makes some observations?

Your words may be interpreted differntly, but not by me ... I stand by what I wrote ... can you say the same?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    WOW! Touched a nerve did I? Justify your actions however you see fit to allow yourself to sleep at night ... I couldn't care any less.

As to my classified listings ... no, the 30-06 ammo did not sell for my asking price, but it did sell for a price that I was satisfied with, and no, the Sig did not sell at my asking price on this forum, but it did sell for my asking price on another forum. Who cares? Look back farther ... I also didn't sell a bunch of other stuff that I've listed. Again, who cares? My asking price is my business and I certainly don't brag about selling anything at an inflated price as your were. AND, I did not come back to list all my donations or sales at a loss as you did ... why so touchy when somebody quotes what you wrote and makes some observations?

Your words may be interpreted differntly, but not by me ... I stand by what I wrote ... can you say the same?
    Yes!
    Touchy lol, liberal lol.

Top Bottom