• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I've used these arguments with a few friends of mine who didn't quite understand the entire concept of arbitrary magazine limitations. Luckily, they have a good brain placed squarely on their shoulders and most of them came around by the end of the conversation.

Good read, thanks!

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    None of the anti-2A arguments have to be logical, they are 100% EMOTIONAL. If it FEELS like something is EVIL then it must be evil. That's why the news keeps showing AR-15 rifles during ANY story, they look wicked. It's all in a furtherance of their ultimate end-game, total disarmament of the civilians in the US.

Why? It's all about getting the US in line with the "international community" so we can more easily fit into the liberal-elites "new world order". The 2A (as well as most of the other A's) don't mesh with the world "community" so these things have to be eliminated or at least degraded to the point of meaninglessness.

Why do you think the NRA and other pro-2A groups are demonized? Heck, the NRA has devoted itself to SAFETY and RESPONSIBILITY in the ownership and use of firearms. You'd think if Feinstein, Schumer, Biden, and Obama really wanted to promote gun safety they would look at the NRA as their ally. No, despite their assurances that all they want to do is "protect the children" their real agenda is to move us ever closer to their gun-free vision for America.

Don't be fooled! These people cannot be compromised with since they will never accept that the right to keep and bear arms is a right.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    None of the anti-2A arguments have to be logical, they are 100% EMOTIONAL. If it FEELS like something is EVIL then it must be evil. That's why the news keeps showing AR-15 rifles during ANY story, they look wicked. It's all in a furtherance of their ultimate end-game, total disarmament of the civilians in the US.

Why? It's all about getting the US in line with the "international community" so we can more easily fit into the liberal-elites "new world order". The 2A (as well as most of the other A's) don't mesh with the world "community" so these things have to be eliminated or at least degraded to the point of meaninglessness.

Why do you think the NRA and other pro-2A groups are demonized? Heck, the NRA has devoted itself to SAFETY and RESPONSIBILITY in the ownership and use of firearms. You'd think if Feinstein, Schumer, Biden, and Obama really wanted to promote gun safety they would look at the NRA as their ally. No, despite their assurances that all they want to do is "protect the children" their real agenda is to move us ever closer to their gun-free vision for America.

Don't be fooled! These people cannot be compromised with since they will never accept that the right to keep and bear arms is a right.

I would have to agree that lots and lots of emotions go into proposed legislation like this. In my mind, approaches to reducing violent crimes should focus on the causes of crime and not the instruments used. Reducing magazine capacity does not address any of the reasons someone might be compelled to use a firearms in an offensive way. All it does is seek to reduce the number of casualties by limiting ammunition available....without reloading. To me, that it bogus, useless legislation.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I would have to agree that lots and lots of emotions go into proposed legislation like this. In my mind, approaches to reducing violent crimes should focus on the causes of crime and not the instruments used. Reducing magazine capacity does not address any of the reasons someone might be compelled to use a firearms in an offensive way. All it does is seek to reduce the number of casualties by limiting ammunition available....without reloading. To me, that it bogus, useless legislation.

Yes, totally bogus. It's been plainly shown that there are MANY ways for those persons who have evil intent to kill & injure many people without the use of guns or magazines of any capacity. Events like Boston Marathon, 9/11, and Oklahoma City come immediately to mind. No guns or magazines of any kind were used yet 1000s of people including children were killed and injured.

The leftists cannot accept the reality that there are actually some people who are evil. Some even ENJOY doing evil and will do so no matter what.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Ultimately all the compromise that come from the Anti's side is nothing more than that, a compromise. They will settle for what they can now and take more later.

I'm reminded of what scutter01 has in his sig line about it. And that is how most of this works. They feel they won by not giving up everything, just a small compromise where they gave up some. Giving up any is still a loss.

ratfortman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2009
    Have a sister in law who told me not long after Newtown, that NO ONE, other than police and military should be allowed to have a gun. I pointed out that she was reacting in an emotional manner. It didn't matter. In her mind, the gun free zone is a great concept that would work if we could just outlaw all guns.
    I gave up

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Have a sister in law who told me not long after Newtown, that NO ONE, other than police and military should be allowed to have a gun. I pointed out that she was reacting in an emotional manner. It didn't matter. In her mind, the gun free zone is a great concept that would work if we could just outlaw all guns.
    I gave up

Indeed!
    This issue is not one for argument and debate with staunch anti-gun people who want total government control. Rather, it is a fight.

Some hillbilly wisdom:
    Don't nevah try t' teach no pig t' sing. Ya jes frustrate youseff an annoy th' pig.

Again, it is a fight that is either won or lost.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Latest editorial column published in the Journal Gazette:

Gun magazine limit ruse for confiscation | The Journal Gazette

The real purpose of limiting magazine capacity is to get that limit down to zero rounds. Zero is the magic number.
    Great Op Ed!!!
    Too bad it's in the vast minority of Editorial posts in the Journal [STRIKE]Gazette[/STRIKE] Democrat.
    I recently dropped their subscription after many years of readership, over their rabid pro gun control stance and constant reprinting of pro gun control articles from Wa PO, NY Times, and other anti Second Amendment rags.
    I gave them my reasons for dropping my subscriptions but like most Liberal organizations they didn't have the common courtesy to acknowledge my communication. :noway:

Top Bottom