• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My thoughts were more about the days ahead where others may need more and no can get them. I don't "need" the number I have.
    Good point. Recently I sold some AR mags since I had so many left over from loading up after the last panic died down. But now i'm out of the AR game so it all turned out well.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Gen 2 Pmags
    Sportsman’s Warehouse had a full end rack of these in FW last night so I grabbed a couple.

Of course there was no Ammo to buy to fill them with. Aisle after aisle of bare shelves. Gun counter guy says they get Ammo shipments about once a week but it goes fast.

Handgun selection was pretty sparse too. The used handguns looked like a historical museum display.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    were the budget bigger I would keep adding. I don’t expect to need a real combat load (30 mags) and the good Lord knows I need to put that $ elsewhere in getting ready for the fan to spread stuff everywhere

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    For those of you who can purchase at SR Jenkins Police supply in Indy, I stopped by yesterday afternoon and although all they have is GLOCK OEM Magazines, their wall display was full of them, .380/9mm/.40/.45, etc etc all standard capacity, $21 ea plus tax, a magazine with a (=) base attracted was $30 ea + tax.

BigErnNP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2020
    Southeast Side
    Went to Highsmith tonight in Greenfield (had to make a trip for family and dropped in for a few minutes).

Didn't see any handguns in display cases.
    No magazine for ShieldEZ9mm
    No 9mm ammo.

Struck out.

I did, however, order one of these 9mm laser ammo cartridge to do dry fire training. Looks like something useful in these times.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Went to Highsmith tonight in Greenfield (had to make a trip for family and dropped in for a few minutes).

Didn't see any handguns in display cases.
    No magazine for ShieldEZ9mm
    No 9mm ammo.

Struck out.

I did, however, order one of these 9mm laser ammo cartridge to do dry fire training. Looks like something useful in these times.
    I was in Highsmith this afternoon and they had 2 dozen handguns in the display cases so I don't know what you're talking about

BigErnNP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2020
    Southeast Side
    I was in there this afternoon and they had dozens of handguns in the display cases so I don't know what you're talking about
    Apparently they put them away because I was in there at around 645pm

I'm new there as well, so maybe they have them somewhere not towards the front.
    The row of displays towards the front were all empty.

Maybe my inexperience there and it being late. But that was my experience tonight.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    :thumbsup:
    aha! That makes sense because yes they close at 7 and they were probably ready to call it a day. Although if you'd asked about a pistol they would have surely gotten it back out for you. It's a great shop so try again sometime when they're not about to close.

BigErnNP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2020
    Southeast Side
    :thumbsup:
    aha! That makes sense because yes they close at 7 and they were probably ready to call it a day. Although if you'd asked about a pistol they would have surely gotten it back out for you. It's a great shop so try again sometime when they're not about to close.
    Completely understood there.
    I was lucky to even get out that way before they closed.
    Unfortunately with work and kids, just trying to get to places whenever opportunity arises.

I'm definitely going to keep trying.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In all of this madness I guess I am pretty secure in the fact we have what we need ammo and mag wise. But we also started this in earnest right after Sandy hook. We have always kept a lot of mages for each platform we own but after the last 2 or 3 runs we decided to get this set and done.
    I may tend to get a little snarky with the Johnny come lately's scrambling at the last minute as many I have preached to be prepared and it fell on deaf ears.

I hope that you all find what you need in this mess.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...I did, however, order one of these 9mm laser ammo cartridge to do dry fire training. Looks like something useful in these times.
    Please report back when you get it and have a chance to try it out. Did you get a laser target or will you be using it with the phone app?

Top Bottom