• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I decided I'd like to pickup some SS AR Duramags while prices were still good and discovered that prices are quickly becoming "not so good" and inventory seems to have radically dried up at the places where pricing was good.

Mags that were $12/ea 2 weeks ago are now $14-$15/ea and only available in about half of the usual places.

I decided to check out Glock 21 mags... Same story. Out of stock anywhere with "good" prices.

I know stuff is still out there, and the bad prices aren't "bad" yet, but the pace at which things are accelerating leads me to believe that you've got about 2 weeks before mags are all gone too or prices double. Get 'em if ya need 'em and probably sooner than later.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    The day “before” Clinton’s AWB I stopped by Pop Guns in Indy, there were two Glock-19 mags in plastic containers on his wall, priced at $15 ea.
    The next day I heard about the AWB passing and went back to get them, and I got both, at $30 ea.
    Lesson learned.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Yeah I think come inauguration we're going to see prices go to 3 or 4 times what we're already seeing now. It'll get real for people when they see Biden at that podium.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    The day “before” Clinton’s AWB I stopped by Pop Guns in Indy, there were two Glock-19 mags in plastic containers on his wall, priced at $15 ea.
    The next day I heard about the AWB passing and went back to get them, and I got both, at $30 ea.
    Lesson learned.

My G21 is a ban period pistol and came with 10 rounders. On election day 2007 I stopped in the LGS and decided to grab a few 13 round mags. Didn't have any on the shelf so he ordered them for me. I paid (I think) $30/ea.

By the time they came in the election was over and my $30 mags were $45 on his shelf. A store that was probably 80% stocked a few days prior was at that point almost bare. That was the beginning of my education on panic buying.

Yeah I think come inauguration we're going to see prices go to 3 or 4 times what we're already seeing now. It'll get real for people when they see Biden at that podium.

I think by the time we get to inauguration day there won't be any left to buy at any price. That's sorta why I raised the flag now when I noticed it finally happening. Ammo has been gone for months, guns have been hit or miss, but mags have always been around and reasonably cheap. Looks like the shoe may be dropping.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I told you to buy them cheap and stack them deep. You knew this was coming from years ago and should have Rubbermaid tubs full of magazines by now.
    Seems like a lot of people wait until they actually "have" to buy something before they do.
    Or they wait until they think they may longer be able to get whatever it is they're after before buying it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Seems like a lot of people wait until they actually "have" to buy something before they do.
    Or they wait until they think they may longer be able to get whatever it is they're after before buying it.

I get it, people rationalize inaction, old story.

Before 2020 I was told, over and over, that "I store my ammo at Rural King, yuck, yuck, yuck."

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I told you to buy them cheap and stack them deep. You knew this was coming from years ago and should have Rubbermaid tubs full of magazines by now.

I have 4 tubs full and this will start #5... Doesn't mean it's not still a good idea to get more while the gettin' is still good and to pay attention to the pulse of the market.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Best of luck finding what you need! I've been prepping supplies for a while. Saw former presidents jazz up things, so getting prepped is only common sense now. Clinton, Obummer, and now.....Sleepy Joe Bidet

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Just put in an order with Joboboutfitters.com. for some mags. I'm not a procrastinator, but just ordered a new rifle and before I did, checked on mag availability.
    I found a good price, but way more places were out of stock.

Top Bottom