• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    There's one at the local pawn shop in what appears to be good condition besides a missing muzzle break. They're asking $479 but the guy said he'd be able to deal on it. What you guys think?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If it is an ARM, the barrel should be threaded and the asking price is fairly reasonable.
    If an RML, some barrels were threaded, some not. Value about $50 or so below your quoted price.
    If it is a long barrel RPM, the price is ok, but could be lower.
    If it is a MISR S/A, the price is about $150 too high. The MISR S/A was a Century import with all the issues Century was known for, especially poor trigger parts.
    Stay away from a MISR 10, or MISR 90 which were problematic.

One other thing, prices on all AK variants are going up, so if it is an ARM in really good condition, make a crazy low offer, and take what ever the shop responds with. :)

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    There's one at the local pawn shop in what appears to be good condition besides a missing muzzle break. They're asking $479 but the guy said he'd be able to deal on it. What you guys think?

I'd be happy to go down and make sure for you... You know, take it home, check it out.... ;)

AK's are going up fast. I might also ask, does it have a thumbhole stock or has it been converted? Check for canting as always. AND take a flashlight and check that bore.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Some Maadis are as close to a Soviet gun as most Americans will ever see.:smileak:
    I just don't know enough about them to know what it was :n00b: I think I'm gonna pass on it right now, just based on the fact that I wasn't really wanting to add another caliber to the arsenal as of yet.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I just don't know enough about them to know what it was :n00b: I think I'm gonna pass on it right now, just based on the fact that I wasn't really wanting to add another caliber to the arsenal as of yet.

Great! You're gonna make me go and do "research" now. Which shop was it at? Was it thumbholed or not?

I hate my addiction...

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Great! You're gonna make me go and do "research" now. Which shop was it at? Was it thumbholed or not?

I hate my addiction...

Ace Pawn (I think it's still Ace?) by Sam's club. 479 was sticker, but guy said he'd deal on the price if not on layaway. Very nice people, got my Marlin MOdel 60 from them.

Yeah, thumbhole stock. was in pretty good shape. Threaded barrel with no FH. Action ran smooth, but I just dont know enough about them to buy a used one.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    wheres this at? lol

Bloomington, 200 yards off of 37. Please go buy it so that I won't. I have visions of going over with four $100 bills and walking if they did not want to take them. The problem is that I would then dump another $100 in 922 compliance parts to take off that thumbhole stock.

I cannot stand thumbhole stocks, I can only see the letters AWB each time I see one...

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I went down to look at the Maadi after picking up the kids from school, and it is still there after we left. Here's what I saw:

1. It was a CAI import.
    2. It was re-crowned and unthreaded.
    3. The Bolt and Bolt carrier were of a kind I HAVE NEVER SEEN. The metal looked like cast iron. Dull, bumpy, not like anything I have seen before. And they did not match the receiver at all. UBER ODD.
    4. The thumbhole stock was crude.

1 & 2 were a problem. 4 was not really. But 3 shocked me and was a show stopper.

To double check myself, I talked to another AK guy and he said that in his experience the late Maadi imports by CAI were pretty bad. But even he had not seen a bolt carrier and bolt like I described.

So, in my opinion, not worth $300.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I have owned several of these(maadi ak). They are famous for poor triggers,BUT a 29 dollar g-2 trigger group is easy to install and fixes that problem. MidwayUSA - TAPCO G2 Single Hook Trigger Group AK-47 Steel Matte In the current rush to buy assault type weapons id be willing to pay 350-400 for a maadi. Other than the trigger group I have never had a problem with any of mine.You may want to invest in a buffer as well MidwayUSA - Wilson Combat Shok-Buff Replacement Buffer AK-47 . If you shoot as much as I do it saves on wear and tear. Maadi is normally a very nice ak and MUCH better than a romanian.

owen80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    Sounds like a misr-90 which is a Maadi reciever with a slant cut at the rear with a MAK90 parts kit mated to it. If that is the case stay away, no matter how much AK's go up in price I still would not own one of those.

Top Bottom