• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I had a couple different “Tankers” back in the day. Neither of mine were very reliable and I sold or traded them. I’ve always wanted a Mini G in 308 though. They Mini G is a pretty cool rifle so maybe I’ll get one someday. It’d go well with my M1s and M1As.

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    I had a couple different “Tankers” back in the day. Neither of mine were very reliable and I sold or traded them. I’ve always wanted a Mini G in 308 though. They Mini G is a pretty cool rifle so maybe I’ll get one someday. It’d go well with my M1s and M1As.
    This one is accurate and has functioned flawlessly for the 7 or so years I’ve had it. I’ve read that other owners had problems with theirs too, maybe I just got lucky.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I like the idea and the look of the tankers. I've never had the opportunity to handle one, but I imagine the shorter length and reduced weight would make for a really handy rifle. I can't bring myself to chop up one of my nice, perfectly functional Garands to make one, though.

Now a commercial M1A scout squad...one of those might be in my future!

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    A mini G has been on my want list for a long time. I've got a FG SA 6 digit mix master I got from the CMP years ago with the intention of having the conversion done. I waffled between leaving it .30 aught six enbloc fed or coughing up the extra bucks to have the box fed .308 conversion done as well. It is time to send that rifle to Tim Shuffin.

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    I like the idea and the look of the tankers. I've never had the opportunity to handle one, but I imagine the shorter length and reduced weight would make for a really handy rifle. I can't bring myself to chop up one of my nice, perfectly functional Garands to make one, though.

Now a commercial M1A scout squad...one of those might be in my future!
    I have an M1A, but I agree with you the Scout looks pretty good too.

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    Neat looking rifles. My Garand is loud...I'm guessing that is LOUD! ;)

Though .308 maybe not as LOUD as -06.
    Not any louder than the M1 Garand really, the advantages over the Garand is the Tanker weighs less and because mine is chambered in 308 theres less recoil. But I'm betting a Mini-G in 30/06 would be a diffrent story.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Man that looks sweet. I've always thought they were very cool looking. The entire concept just spoke to me, though I've never owned one. I almost picked up a M1A Scout Squad once because it seemed like the same concept. It's what made me do up my shortened Lee Enfield #4 Mk1 into a modern "tanker" of sorts. I just added the red dot because I love how fast they are. Somehow, taking a few inches off these old war horses just makes them look right.

Top Bottom