• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm sad for me, but not for Andrew Luck. I enjoy watching the Colts and hate that what started as a very promising season doesn't look so hopeful now.

I would consider myself a decent fan. I had season tickets for about 15 years (the 2000 mile game day commute changed that) and enjoyed game day a lot. Any animosity I have is about the team's outlook and not about Luck's decision.

I don't blame team management or the players, including Luck, for his injuries. Folks seem to believe that the organization wasn't trying to improve the team around him, which I think is stupid. They tried and fell short, sure, but I hope no one is that delusional to believe that they just didn't care enough to try and put the right people in place.

I wonder how much of what he experienced on Saturday evening sealed the decision for him? Maybe the plan was for him to sleep on it? Maybe the booing was the last answer to the question "why am I doing this"?

I'm with you and the Colt have the right people in place now. Andrew Luck was sacked 18 times last year. For reference; Watson, Prescott, Carr, Rogers, Wilson, Ryan Cousins; were all sacked 40 or more times in the same span.
    I wouldn't have boo'd the guy, he doesn't deserve that from fans, but if his former teammates boo'd him, especially those whose stock is going take a hit because of his absence (i.e Hilton, Doyle, Ebron), I wouldn't have a problem with it.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I was actually thinking we should try to persuade Romo to come out of retirement.... but who knows "Briskett" might actually surprise us this season. He's no Luck that's for sure, but unlike the last time he was the starter, he actually has a decent O-Line.

Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer won Superbowls. Heck, you can even count Peyton Manning's last Superbowl win with Denver as a shadow of himself. Three pedestrian QBs, all with rings.

When it comes to winning NFL football games, a HOF QB is like a Secretary with great legs.......Nice, but not necessary.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer won Superbowls. Heck, you can even count Peyton Manning's last Superbowl win with Denver as a shadow of himself. Three pedestrian QBs, all with rings.

When it comes to winning NFL football games, a HOF QB is like a Secretary with great legs.......Nice, but not necessary.

I like your optimism. I'm not there yet, but I'm trying.

Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    Adam Schefter reporting that the Colts could have recouped $24.8 million from Luck but reached a financial settlement in which they won't take back any of the money they are owed. Nice going away gift.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    A real dick move is bashing a guy for retiring before all the facts are known. Maybe doctors told him his current injury will never fully heal. Maybe they told him one more hit to the head will be the beginning of the end. Maybe Irsay screwed him over somehow. I'll reserve judgement until more information is given.

Irsay kept his buddy Ryan Grigson around way too long. There is no other GM like Bill Polian...and Jim ran him off. Grigson was the worst choice possible...having been a wash out player in the NFL, and the CFL, Irsay selected him in 2012 to replace Polian...the guy was 39 years old going on 40....now he "Senior Football Consultant" for Seattle...how he is even still in the league is beyond me.

Luck came to us with tons of potential and I blame the mismanagement of the Colts front office for most of his problems....they should have taught the kid to run and duck instead of plowing into 320 pound linemen. He lead to four trips to the playoffs in his 6 seasons of play. We just got there and ran out of gump.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    TOcXwCll.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Stolen from FB:
    What do you call a top 3 franchise QB, when he retires and walks away in the prime of his career with no warning to his team?

A millennial.

Top Bottom