• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For the most part, discussion here has been civil. I suspect the reason is that we're all less vested than Colts fans over at colts.com where things have gone ballistic with name-calling, tooth gnashing, hair pulling, etc. There are enough lunatics over there right now that I fear some unpleasantness may happen to our former QB, much worse than the booing at LOS last night. He may be run out of town on a rail. I'm a regular at colts.com, but not a member. I would feel pretty ashamed to be a member right now. I'll still support the Colts, but their "true" fans are showing their true colors right now and it's pretty pathetic.
    It's a game, nobody died, the sun's still going to come up tomorrow. I really feel sad for the guy. He has to walk away from his dream, be in pain, and still has to incur the wrath of people who don't understand what he's put up with.

Same Bull :poop: on Face Book. I have mixed it up with several butt heads and idiots over there. What a group of self centered cry baby's. Get a life. Please.

And civil is the way of things here........:)

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Heard this in the news conference. Nobody died.

This would free up all the money to throw at Brissett. Almost like it was planned.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Heard this in the news conference. Nobody died.

This would free up all the money to throw at Brissett. Almost like it was planned.

Brissett isn't a long term answer, but he is a solid back-up. He's going to do exactly what they're paying him to do and that's keep the seat warm until another #1 comes along.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Yeah, booing a guy because your incompetent management and coaching staff almost got him killed is a really classy, adult way to behave. I thought booing Santa Claus in Philly was pretty low, but this is a whole new level. The rectal orifices at that game last night deserve a few [STRIKE]years[/STRIKE] decades of 3 and 13.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I wander how long Brissett will survive. A 10% career sack rate and the Colts recent history of pass protection don't bode well for his longevity either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, booing a guy because your incompetent management and coaching staff almost got him killed is a really classy, adult way to behave. I thought booing Santa Claus in Philly was pretty low, but this is a whole new level. The rectal orifices at that game last night deserve a few [STRIKE]years[/STRIKE] decades of 3 and 13.

I agree. Completely out of line.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I wander how long Brissett will survive. A 10% career sack rate and the Colts recent history of pass protection don't bode well for his longevity either.
    I believe last year, after Anthony Costanzo came back from injury in game 6, the Colts were the least sacked team in the NFL.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't follow professional sports, but it's a big expensive business. My advice to those seeking answers about why decisions are made the way they are by leadership of these entities is...

always follow the money.

At this level it's all that matters.

Mr. Luck had a good run, I wish him well in whatever he chooses to do in retirement from football.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is the absolute truth in this entire matter. Ownership/management and Pagono are the sole reasons this man is beat the **** up. Pagono was in deep over his ability's. Worthless. Front office was as bad and what can you say about the ownership.
    Oddly enough, they kept showing Pagano last night during the pre-game show.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    ykSaA8AN.jpg

Dearest Mother,

I thank you for the squirrel oil poultices that you have sent me, however I regret to tell you that it has not alleviated the pain from the large goiter on my knee. The goiter has made it impossible for me to ride a horse and I therefore am unable to properly lead my men into battle. It is with a heavy heart that have decided that I must resign my commission and return home to work in the family harness factory.

Much Love,
    Andrew

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    And here's another thing. Years ago I identified a "cultural phenomenon" when someone leaves an organization. After a short period, while reminiscing about say a former employee, people will start shading their opinions, harping on and exaggerating the person's faults, eventually reversing their opinion of the guy.
    This started happening at colts.com within an HOUR.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't know much about injuries and healing other than ouchies that have happened to me over 60+ years, but things that don't heal can be obvious early on. Ask yourself how much the difference is in dollars to the organization between Luck leaving in the spring or right before the season. A matter of months really.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    As a long-time Colts fan, since back in the Eric Dickerson days, the thing I would say to Andrew Luck is: Hope you get to feeling better, I wish you well, and thanks for the memories.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just sign Colin Kaepernick!

I was actually thinking we should try to persuade Romo to come out of retirement.... but who knows "Briskett" might actually surprise us this season. He's no Luck that's for sure, but unlike the last time he was the starter, he actually has a decent O-Line.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I was actually thinking we should try to persuade Romo to come out of retirement.... but who knows "Briskett" might actually surprise us this season. He's no Luck that's for sure, but unlike the last time he was the starter, he actually has a decent O-Line.

That and he had actually had time to at least learn the guys names before starting as their qb

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I'm sad for me, but not for Andrew Luck. I enjoy watching the Colts and hate that what started as a very promising season doesn't look so hopeful now.

I would consider myself a decent fan. I had season tickets for about 15 years (the 2000 mile game day commute changed that) and enjoyed game day a lot. Any animosity I have is about the team's outlook and not about Luck's decision.

I don't blame team management or the players, including Luck, for his injuries. Folks seem to believe that the organization wasn't trying to improve the team around him, which I think is stupid. They tried and fell short, sure, but I hope no one is that delusional to believe that they just didn't care enough to try and put the right people in place.

I wonder how much of what he experienced on Saturday evening sealed the decision for him? Maybe the plan was for him to sleep on it? Maybe the booing was the last answer to the question "why am I doing this"?

Top Bottom