• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgt Stoner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Fishers
    While Im sure that this issue has been addressed in the past... I couldnt find it in past threads so Ill ask.

When you recieve a LTCH is it flagged on your license? i.e. When an officer pulls you over does he know before coming to your vehicle that you are probably carrying?:dunno:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    It depends. I don't believe it is linked to your DMV record but many counties flag it in their local database. As such, it depends on the county you are in, what county you got your ltch in and what department is pulling you over.

Best,

Joe

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It must pop up at some point. A few years back I was out riding motorcycles into the wee hours of the morning with a couple other people. While stopped on the side of the road waiting for someone to smoke a cigarette, a cop pulled up and inquired as to what we were doing. He collected our driver's licenses and ran them. He came back and asked a woman with us if she had a weapon on her. She replied that she didn't. The cop said that when he ran her info, it came back that she had an expired LTCH.

YukYuPhat

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    It must pop up at some point. A few years back I was out riding motorcycles into the wee hours of the morning with a couple other people. While stopped on the side of the road waiting for someone to smoke a cigarette, a cop pulled up and inquired as to what we were doing. He collected our driver's licenses and ran them. He came back and asked a woman with us if she had a weapon on her. She replied that she didn't. The cop said that when he ran her info, it came back that she had an expired LTCH.

That is kinda worriesome, makes me think that I better know what I am talking about. and have my paperwork in order.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...The cop said that when he ran her info, it came back that she had an expired LTCH.

There is a separate specific search for LTCH. That info is not connected to the drivers license database.

As noted earlier, some areas do make their own local database. If she was pulled over in the same area she applied for her LTCH, it may have popped up in the local file.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    maybe in small towns thsi occurs where they make a list but not in indy. there is no special list w/ names on it. though with your name and dob we can find out if you have a ltch or not but its not often asked unless you tell the officer you have a gun or they find it on you. i work for the police dept and the officers have control run tons and tons of people a day and it would be impossible to do it to everyone because its on a separate computer from the main ones and takes a minute to do

TN_Mike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    The backside of nowhere

Not like I needed another reason but, now that I have read this, I'll just add it to the list of reasons I want to move back to my home state of Tennessee. It isn't tagged to your DL in any way. And I much prefer it that way.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    While Im sure that this issue has been addressed in the past... I couldnt find it in past threads so Ill ask.

When you recieve a LTCH is it flagged on your license? i.e. When an officer pulls you over does he know before coming to your vehicle that you are probably carrying?:dunno:

Why......are you worried about anything? Some states probably do and some probably don't. As long as you are in a state that honors your Indiana LTCH and you have it on you, no need to worry.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

Would have avoided that if you told the cop no when he asked for ID, you weren't breaking the law, the cop had no reason to run your ID.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Why......are you worried about anything? Some states probably do and some probably don't. As long as you are in a state that honors your Indiana LTCH and you have it on you, no need to worry.

Antigun cops like to pull you out of the car, disarm you and then screw with your firearm, some going so far as to disassemble the weapon.

I don't lie if asked, but I would NEVER volunteer the information. Every progun LEO I've known (and as a FF I've known quite a few) always told me never to volunteer.

From just the stories posted here, it was and still is sage advice.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Not like I needed another reason but, now that I have read this, I'll just add it to the list of reasons I want to move back to my home state of Tennessee. It isn't tagged to your DL in any way. And I much prefer it that way.

Why would a DL and a carry license be linked? One more reason I like our laws compared to TN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Antigun cops like to pull you out of the car, disarm you and then screw with your firearm, some going so far as to disassemble the weapon.

I don't lie if asked, but I would NEVER volunteer the information. Every progun LEO I've known (and as a FF I've known quite a few) always told me never to volunteer.

From just the stories posted here, it was and still is sage advice.

All very true...although the OP asked if your LTCH was linked to your DL. I would never volunteer any information either if not specifically asked.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    All very true...although the OP asked if your LTCH was linked to your DL. I would never volunteer any information either if not specifically asked.

Correct and I was responding to your post, not to the OP's, even though it was for the OP's benefit as well as yours ;)

Regionnus Rattis said:
    are you worried about anything? Some states probably do and some probably don't. As long as you are in a state that honors your Indiana LTCH and you have it on you, no need to worry.

Top Bottom