• Status
    Not open for further replies.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I know a person right now, who doesn't own firearms because he has a few felonies. He's explicitly said he would love to but doesn't want to get locked up over it. He also beat the daylights out of his girlfriend a few months ago and I'm really glad he didn't have a gun when he did it, he nearly killed her without one.

And I know a person right now who got busted for having a sawed off shotgun in his car that he was holding onto for someone else (not knowing it was illegal) when he was 18 yo. That was 20 years ago. He's never been in trouble since. He has a wife, 3 kids, a job & a mortgage. & he's not allowed to own a gun to protect them with. He tried to get his rights restored a couple of years ago using your fantasy "second chance". After the lawyer told him it woulfd run him around $10,000 & he would probably still lose, he gave up.

What kind of "second chance" is that? How much sense does preventing him his natural Rights make? How does restricting his Rights in this situation better our society AT ALL?

It's a mixed bag. The B misdemeanor, dis-con was not guilty, but the two A misdemeanors were guilty, which just means I only take two charges before the Superior Court jury to be acquitted on.

What were the other 2 charges?

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Cathy, you need to remember you're 'Up Nawth', and shooting somebody because "He needed shootin!" isn't a defense up yonder.:)
    You'll have to move here if you want to keep on doing that, after the aquittal, of course!:):

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I understand OP's need to not post details about something still in litigation. I think that is wise.

Still...23 pages and 228 posts over something of which most have little or no understanding -- including many unqualified statements of support? :dunno:

:popcorn:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    It's a mixed bag. The B misdemeanor, dis-con was not guilty, but the two A misdemeanors were guilty, which just means I only take two charges before the Superior Court jury to be acquitted on.

Am I correct your bench trial was in a city or town court and so you intend a de novo appeal? You may want to be very careful on your time limits to file. The statute gives 30 days but the trial rules only give 15 IIRC and the trial rule is held to control.

Best,

Joe

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1) Still no LTCH (has not been returned to me).
    2) New criminal trial coming on remaining two(2) A-MISD charges (date TBD).
    3) Civil action on hold pending #2.
    4) Administrative court hearing to cure #1 also on hold pending #2.

Edit: for Jedi's benefit.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    1) Still no LTCH (returned).
    2) New criminal trial coming on remaining two(2) A-MISD charges (date TBD).
    3) Civil action on hold pending #2.
    4) Administrative court hearing to cure #1 also on hold pending #2.

Hum.. so if you got back your LTCH what is the #4 for then?
    They want to revoke it again based on the outcome of #2?

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I've completely baffled as to why everyone is voicing their support for Cathy with absolutely no clue as to what is going on. From her postings on this site she seems to be a trustworthy and good person, but how do we know?

This entire thread is borderline worthless. There is no information about the root cause of this issue. I do not understand why there isn't even a post stating what the charges are. Anyone that knows her name could type it into the courthouse computers and find out the charges. Why are they such a big secret?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Gag order...if we mention it CIB will Gag us........:D

Edit...had these issues in the pat and just curious as to the outcome. The process is a real drain on finances and wears on you mentally.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not everyone that has posted in this thread have said they support her/him. I do believe I have not said that. I've posted here to keep track of what has occured based on the limited info. I won't pass judgement on her/him since I don't know her/him. More curious as to what occured and what will happen having seeing Bill B go thru a legal mess with jbts in nwi.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I've completely baffled as to why everyone is voicing their support for Cathy with absolutely no clue as to what is going on. From her postings on this site she seems to be a trustworthy and good person, but how do we know?

This entire thread is borderline worthless. There is no information about the root cause of this issue. I do not understand why there isn't even a post stating what the charges are. Anyone that knows her name could type it into the courthouse computers and find out the charges. Why are they such a big secret?

So you prefer guilty until proven innocent then correct? I guess they do things different in Thailand then we do here in the states. I like your food but you legal system must suck!

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    So you prefer guilty until proven innocent then correct? I guess they do things different in Thailand then we do here in the states. I like your food but you legal system must suck!

No. I prefer to know the facts before I support someone. Do you go stand outside the jail and yell your support for everyone who is going into the building even though you know nothing about them?

I imagine that Cathy is a good person who didn't do anything wrong, but without information we can't be certain. I'm most certainly not saying she is guilty of anything, what I am saying is that it would be wise to withhold support until we know more.

I still ask the question: Why are the charges a secret?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom