• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ok so I'm fairly new to shooting but have been out with "pseudo-hubby" quite a few times. He and I both agree that it's time to get my permit. Problem is that he wants to spend about a hundred bucks on ammo for his M1A and he swears he paid part of his fees when he initially went into the local law enforcement and then the rest of his fees later. I remember it differently but in any case I thought I would ask you folks. Apparently he really wants his ammunition.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Ok so I'm fairly new to shooting but have been out with "pseudo-hubby" quite a few times. He and I both agree that it's time to get my permit. Problem is that he wants to spend about a hundred bucks on ammo for his M1A and he swears he paid part of his fees when he initially went into the local law enforcement and then the rest of his fees later. I remember it differently but in any case I thought I would ask you folks. Apparently he really wants his ammunition.

There are 2 different fees, state and local, but both are due at time of application.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...defense/10022-renewing_applying_for_ltch.html

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I have 5 children at home and extra money is hard to come by.

I have an addictive personality and LOVE my guns and ammo. I also enjoy snagging a deal on ammo when it's on sale just as my wife loves snagging deals on other things (food, clothes, necessities) when they're on sale or with coupons.

I have a list of things that I still want to buy and am saving for those things. My wife knows about my list and knows the importance of those things to me. I am also aware of her want list (she's big time into making paracord bracelets, rifle slings, etc) and we trade off when it's time to make purchases with extra cash.

When we decided to get our LTCH, we put both of them at the top of the list of necessities. For us, it was a necessity to be able to be armed for protection.

Ask him if he will purchase some of his ammo to allow you the money to get your LTCH. See if he will compromise.

After all, a happy marriage consists of lots of compromise by both parties :D

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    When I got mine, my county was not online and they did not send my application down state. I took my application to the local sheriff's department, paid my $50 and got fingerprinted. I was called a few days later to come pick it up and mail it with a money order to ISP. Now that the app is online and all that, i"m not sure how they do it.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Actually I paid my fees at 2 separate times. I did the L1 process online for a lifetime membership which was like $85, then a few days later I went to the Sheriff's dept. and paid the $50 in person. Maybe it just depends on where you live. Even the instructions specifically said I wasn't done with the application process till I went and paid my local fee.

jpr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Actually I paid my fees at 2 separate times. I did the L1 process online for a lifetime membership which was like $85, then a few days later I went to the Sheriff's dept. and paid the $50 in person. Maybe it just depends on where you live. Even the instructions specifically said I wasn't done with the application process till I went and paid my local fee.

Mine was the same way. If you do the online process through L1, the state fee is paid then and then you pay the local fee.

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    Up here in Northern IN, the State Fee was $75
    The L1 "fast-path" process was an extra $10 or so.
    The local fee was $50

Unless you are good with waiting for a couple months... go with the L1 inkless printing. My wife got hers back in 7 days.

Can't beat that... and congrats on making the move for your License!

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'll be the one, then. WTH is a Pseudo hubby?

I had to laugh at that one. Pseudo-hubby: father of my children, partner at home, same thing as a normal hubby. We just haven't made it legal yet and I don't share his last name.

Also, thanks to everyone for all the input. We ended up being able to scrape up enough cash to take care of everything. According to Marion county both fees are due at the same time. I was able to go downtown today to pay my fees and get printed. He's still able to get his ammo. Win win.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    I need your help. live in brownsburg, the wife paid 75 for the state fee online, got L1 prints and just needs to go to bburg police with money order. question is HOW MUCH for this fee in brownsburg? don't have the patience to read the thousands of threads where i would probably find the answer. i appreciate the assist.

Top Bottom