• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Hey does any of you know where to get a good set of water purification tables, WP straws, WP filters , WP pump or anything like that? I'd prefer it not to be online but a place where I can walk in and pay with cash. Thanks!!
    Camping stores for sure. Cabelas. REI

Walmart has sawyer filters, tabs, and other stuff in the sporting goods area.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I can recommend the big berkey. Good for campsite, homestead, cabin. Had ours on our kitchen sink. Used that and put output in fridge for daily drinking.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Lake water poured through a cotton tube sock will eliminate most turbidity. You'll still see things floating in it but it'll be clear(ish). Pour this through a coffee filter, then boil or chlorinate and most biologics are cleared. In a shtf situation, I'd be more concerned with the non-biologics. Think petroleum, heavy metals or chemicals I've never heard of that are associated with commercial production facilities or munitions. Sand filters seem to be the choice the world over. But in Indiana, with clay soils, one would need to stock the sand in their preps. I love this topic though and have already picked up a few ideas I hadn't thought of.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy

This. Or cheaper knock offs. 3or4 inch PVC Pipe in a 4 foot length. Stuff the PVC pipe with the pinky floss and pour pond water in one end and fairly clean water comes out the other end. Do it a 2nd time thru a 2nd pipe and it will be crystal clear. Still needs boiled or treated for bacteria though

Top Bottom