• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armyvet209

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    LAKE COUNTY
    planning on a florida vacation next fall and the wife gave the green light for a hog hunt while we're down there. anyone have any experience hunting hogs within a couple hours of tampa?

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    planning on a florida vacation next fall and the wife gave the green light for a hog hunt while we're down there. anyone have any experience hunting hogs within a couple hours of tampa?

I have been to Little Lake Lodge in Okeechobee. Had a great time and whacked four of them. Guides quartered them up on ice and I headed for home. You get to ride around on a swamp buggy and blast them. I think I paid about 195ish per hog for what they called "meat hogs". Trophy hogs are more. They turn dogs loose with GPS collars on them and you follow in the buggy. I am sure you can stand hunt if that is what you prefer. Just call ahead and give them a time and he will set the feeders to that time. Bingo! Pork for the smoker.

I would maybe bring a gun that shoots long just in case you see one far off in a field. Then a pistol or an open sighted gun as most shots are within 20 or so yards and need to be quick. 870 loaded with slugs was most excellent!

My only other advice is bring lots of cold water and snacks to get the most out of your time. Along with first aid, bug spray, sun screen and whatever.

armyvet209

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    LAKE COUNTY
    awesome! thanks for the tip, sounds like exactly what i'm looking for. probably looking at taking my ruger gunsite scout in .308 and a dan wesson bruin in 10mm, if i get it in time.

Top Bottom