• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    While I realize this is considered a “dorky” hobby, I do miss it and no amount of computer games seems to satisfy my interest or creativity. I’m posting here to see if there are any gamers in the Indianapolis area that play Dungeons and Dragons. I haven’t played since I was in high school, almost 20 years ago. I recently picked up the 4ed Player’s Handbook and trying to get back into the swing of things, but finding others to game with has proven more difficult than I thought, so I’m posting here.

So if you are interested or have a group already going that I may be able to possibly be a part of, I would welcome that opportunity. Please send me a message on here. For those of you have never played or like my gf who thinks it is just a total dork-fest, well, I can say the human interaction and creativity involved in a typical D&D adventure is better than just about any video game. Also, for those of you interested, I have space if need a place to setup.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    My old group from high school and I tried getting back into D&D. We're all spread out so we went the virtual route, using a program called GameTable and Ventrilo. Very enjoyable, just turns out when you get older it's hard to get everyone free at the same time for a few hours. We did 3 sessions and then just couldn't find a good time for everyone so it just kinda got forgotten about. I wish you luck on finding a group though, I'm sure there are plenty out there, just gotta find em.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    GencoM comes in july. Go to the show still lots of active D&D player around. The danger room game store in anderson/noblesville and a few local comic book stores might have games each week also. There is also a game store on 62 by braod ripple high school and one in the fashion mall. they normally have flier boards.

With us it is still Axis and Allies. The board game (Now computer) with all the little planes and ships and tanks. General Patton has nothing on our planning and strategy.

renegade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    IN
    If you check at gaming stores around your area (ie broard room games, game preserve) a lot of the time they have posts about groups looking for players. I know us old folk may not fit in but if you check around college campuses the game still goes strong there. But like said above as you get older and have families it does get harder to get every one together. Good luck with your quest.:):

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    My old group from high school and I tried getting back into D&D. We're all spread out so we went the virtual route, using a program called GameTable and Ventrilo. Very enjoyable, just turns out when you get older it's hard to get everyone free at the same time for a few hours. We did 3 sessions and then just couldn't find a good time for everyone so it just kinda got forgotten about. I wish you luck on finding a group though, I'm sure there are plenty out there, just gotta find em.
    This is what happened to us, too. We got several of the current books, made the chars, played about 3 times, and then Kira came, everything got put on hold while we adjusted, and 7 months later we haven't started back up yet.

Playing online via a message system of some sort would be cool. Maybe we should start up an INGO D&D group? :):

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    We had a similar experience. One of our buddies passed away unexpectedly in his thirties and we all got to talking about how we never saw each other anymore except at kid's ballgames and such. Some of us decided to get back together like we'd used to in High School/College. We played using the GURPS system. We met once a month for about five years but this summer we had some people move away and some other people stopped showing up. When the group dropped down to three in October of last year we stopped meeting.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    GencoM comes in july. Go to the show still lots of active D&D player around. The danger room game store in anderson/noblesville and a few local comic book stores might have games each week also. There is also a game store on 62 by braod ripple high school and one in the fashion mall. they normally have flier boards.

With us it is still Axis and Allies. The board game (Now computer) with all the little planes and ships and tanks. General Patton has nothing on our planning and strategy.

There is not Danger-room in noblesville any more. I worked for the Danger room in noblesville until it closed. Some game stores will allow a person to post a looking for a group notice on a bulletin board in store. you could also try to find a RPGA group Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Events

I play in games twice a month although neither are DnD. One is Deadlands the other is 7th sea. If you are interested I could ask out group about letting another in if a DnD game starts up.

On GenCon. It is August 5th-8th this year. you could play DnD 24 hours a day there if you wanted to. It might be worth going to gencon for atleast one day, to get a demo of the DnD 4th edition if you have not already.

Zip

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    A friend is "way" into RPGs. He is up in the Noblesville area. Not sure how open his group is....

I still have all my D&D stuff. ORIGINAL paperback Basic and Advanced books (from the '70s), Advanced D&D hardbacks, and a few store-bought adventures. Good stuff. I really enjoyed the small rule-set of the original and Advanced games. These games really made you think. Nothing like the computer-based stuff today.

If I didn't already have enough hobbies, and a baby on the way, I'd be all for some gaming!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have then demons and demi-gods book signed by Gary Gygax. I have been told that one is in high demand and a signed copy. No much into D&D but I think it was the DM trying to kill off all the players with his brutal traps like slowly squeezing armor and cursed tables that come to life and kill all.

That was from when gencon was in Milwaukee wisc. That year I almost won the axis and allies tourney I ended up four place beaten by the winner in playoff round. It paid 1000 to the winner courtesy of Hasbro

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I gave up on the D&D system when it had expanded to the point that the players had to own a small library of books to play. A friend showed me the GURPS game, it only needed one book, it was easy to use and it could be run in any genre as opposed to being permenantly set in a sword and sorcery fantasy. We used to do WWII, mafia, westerns and modern mysteries.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    This is the second or third time this has been brought up... Paging Roadie... Paging Roadie...

I play D&D semi-regularly. I picked it up in college... as a joke. A bunch of us ended liking it and we had a lot of people gaming with us. My biggest problem is finding a group of people to play with that I don't want to punch in the face. I love dorky stuff just as much as the next guy but D&D seems to attract a certain personality type that lacks social skills and constantly likes to biquer with the DM. STFU and play!

If INGO has a D&D meet up, I'd love to attend. I play 3.5 & 4th Ed.

Modern D20 in a zombie post-apocalypse world would be awesome, too. Bring on the guns!

633698776965573760-gettingthejoke.jpg

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008

Also,
    There are GenCon forums that you could join. You would likely find a few gamers there. There used to be an Indy Role Playing chapter with a small placed out on E. Washington St.. Another role playing group used to be down at IUPUI, then they quit using the buildings and moved to the Canal/White River State Park...I don't know if they are still meeting monthly or not. Also, IUPUI has a gamers groups as well, and I don't think you have to be a student/employee to join.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I actually used to cover Gen Con (anyone know why its called Gen Con?) for a website myself and two other guys ran. The free 4-day pass was put to good use and if you are into RPG, you can get some cool swag.

Gen Con LLC : Home

Top Bottom