• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • happysmitie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    crawfordsville
    i must admit two things ..... ... mine is around 40 years old , and i didn't know new mattress's w/ box springs were so very expensive !

am nearly frightened to buy an other one , this one still sleeps great . except for a couple of places where i have springs starting to come through i do not have any complaints .

where is a good place to buy ? can i get quality without going into that $1000 range ? have saw on tv the bowes ( sp ) brand advertised as being indiana made and better made than others ! ? ? how about the freight whare house that is advertised a lot ? or value city ?

as you can understand by i now i need help to get started . anyone in the know that has made this purchase of recent times might be of help .
    all comments /advise appreciated .:yesway:

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Holder Mattress is where the wife and I got ours. We bought it during their tent sale for 2000 after tax for a king size, I didn't see the size you was looking for. Made in Kokomo as well.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'll tell you a bit of a mattress story. (Get your head out of the gutter.)

I had chronic back and hip pain for several years. Now, I'm a young man who has suffered no injuries, so this was unusual.

I noticed when we went on vacation I slept wonderfully on the "crappy" hotel beds. When it came time for a new mattress I decided to try something different; I got the cheapest, stiffest mattress the store had.

Sleeps like a dream and all my pain is gone. Whodathunkit?

Now, this doesn't sound like it applies to you, but maybe it'll help somebody else who checks in on this thread.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    We are 2 years into this mattress and still love it.

Novaform 14" Serafina Pearl Gel King Memory Foam Mattress

Bought our membership specifically so we could buy this mattress with Costco's absolute no-BS return policy. Ended up getting the hint on sale for $699.

I had one of the novafoam mattress' and LOVED it. Had to sell it as the wife had back issues sleeping on it. Before I bought, I called Costco and asked how returns would work since I did not have a truck to take it to a store. 'No problem, we will send a truck.' SOLD!

We have one from Sam's Club as a spare bed and I don't like it nearly as much. Need to decide if we are keeping it or returning it, reactivating Costco and getting another Novafoam.

Kokomo1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    I did a memory foam mattress from Amazon during prime day. There were many to chose from and most had good reviews. I ended up just picking one for no particular reason other than good reviews and what seemed like a deal. It has been great. Mine is 12" and had two layers of foam with the thinner top layer being the softest of course. I am no linking to the mattress because again I think there are so many and most are probably good. Also, mine has a 20 year warranty but if I need to toss it in five year and get a new one, no problem. The King was under $400.

What I will mention and provide a link is to the base. I love it its height and under storage possibilities. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017YETI16/

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I had a memory foam topper and there were days I couldn't get out of bed because of back pain. I would just sit on the side of the bed for 10 minutes before I could stand. We bought a sleep number, and I can't recall a morning like that since. I'm a 45. :yesway:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I had a memory foam topper and there were days I couldn't get out of bed because of back pain. I would just sit on the side of the bed for 10 minutes before I could stand. We bought a sleep number, and I can't recall a morning like that since. I'm a 45. :yesway:

Topper is much different than a mattress.

morrismm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Brownsburg
    f289343eb295019d0f9e3ef8dc137edc.jpg

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I bought a Sleep Number C3 five years ago and I haven't regretted it one bit.
    Adjust as needed with a simple button press on the wireless remote...love it.

Top Bottom