• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I am looking for a good milsurp handgun. I was thinking a Tokarev TT-30 but maybe something else. I dont want it to be too expensive and would like to be able to find ammo for it at a decent price.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    thats kinda a broad request because technicaly my brand new sig pro is mil surp(which by the way I fully recommend) so are you wanting older commie stuff or anything.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    You might be able to find a Nagant M1895 for around the $125 mark, and I believe it will shoot the .32 S&W Long, though not originally meant for that cartridge.

jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    The ammo for the nagant pistol is more expensive than the gun. And it may have the worst trigger ever. But don't let me stop you, they are kind of ugly. You can get a 32acp cylinder for it from midway I think.

SouthBendIN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Check out the Polish P-64. They are basically Walther PPK clones and are chambered in the 9x18mm Makarov Cartridge. You can pick them up for $160 at JGsales.com. I just got mine at it is in excellent condition. I don't even think its been fired honestly. Their downside is a hard trigger pull and a bad recoil but those can both be corrected with new Wolff Springs. Heres a link:

Polish P64 9x18 Makarov Double Action Walther PPK style. Very good plus condition

Heres a link to the P-64 forum for all the info you need:

The Unofficial P-64 Resource Message Board - Home?

I will try to post some good pics of mine tonight for you.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    FEG pa-63 was my carry gun for a while... walther ppk wanna be... shoots the makerov round as well... one of the most accurate pistols i have ever owned in that size.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    FEG pa-63 was my carry gun for a while... walther ppk wanna be... shoots the makerov round as well... one of the most accurate pistols i have ever owned in that size.

I am just a couple of mins behind you...I was going to say the same thing. You can get them for about $140 or so +FFL. shoots a 9x18 and fun to shoot and conceals better than most semi-autos. How ever you do get what you pay for. I think they were Russian LE side arms not military though.

KBI PA-63 9MM MAK. : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

pix405590546.jpg

SouthBendIN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    South Bend
    This isnt a real pic of my P-64 but its in this exact condition from JG. The finish looks black in this pic but in real life it actually has a nice blued finish. they very slim pistols as well.

220Polish20P64209X1820PPK20Style202.jpg

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Why not a <$300 Sig P6 or whatever they are??

9mm is the same price as 380, no?

I'd be interested in seeing where one can get a P6 for that price today. Back in the day (6 months ago) you could get them for $250 all day long.....

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm probably going to end up getting myself a CZ82 soon...

I'll second the Sig P6 (which I think is still an OK deal at $365 or whatever they're going for now) and would also add the Walther P1 (post war Walther P38.)

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    You need to narrow the field a little bit. I just picked up an Israeli Hi Power in 9. I already had a few TT33s and I love my Makarov and the CZ82. Not a bad Pistol in the bunch. Figure out what kind of ammo you can get your greasy bacon covered fingers on and go for it. Come to think of it I found a 9mm conversion kit for my Tokarev. Best of both worlds. And 7.62 goes through Zombies like **** through a goose.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Well... my personal experience is limited to things like Luger, Astra, TT33 variants, and the 1895 Nagant.

I'd say the 1895 Nagant is more something you get for the novelty of it. If you look around, you can find ammo for $25 to $30/box. I haven't been to KS&E for a long time, but they were carrying the pistols for a crack over $100 and the ammo for real good prices. Single action on the Nagant is not bad. Double action... good Lord, bring a crowbar.

KS&E also had great prices on CZ82's when I was there.

For TT-33's, Bradi's had a batch of Romanian Tok's this weekend. I believe they had a Polish one, too. They used to have three Yugo's (M57) but now they're down to two. :D Prices were running mid 200's give or take twenty bucks. I like the Yugo version because those wild n' crazy Serbs extended the magazine (and consequently the grip) one more round than the TT33 so it fits my hand a lot better... plus I'd been reading a lot of great things about their quality.

For a .45, I really love my Ballester Molina. Very accurate shooter... only thing I don't really like about it would be the teeny little sights.

The Astra series is pretty cool too. If you can score an Astra 600, it's built for 9mm Luger instead of that Largo round most of the Spanish guns used. That one's a lot of fun to shoot and is a real bullseye carver.

Lugers and P38's are always fun, too.

Volunteer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indy Castleton
    I just ordered a Tokarev 7.62x25 and 1224 rounds of ammo only cost $129.99 (Berdan primed). I haven't taken delivery yet but plan to thoroughly air it out soon. Expect to make transfer this weekend.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Thanks for all the help. This is what makes this site great. I post a question and a day later two pages of responses. I am leaning toward 7.62x25. I might have to go shopping in a couple of paychecks.

Top Bottom