looking for 4.5-5" folder with pocket clip!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    and a thumb stud so i can open it quickly. can something like that be found and be affordable. im looking for a self defense backup to my pistol when i either cant carry my pistol or dont feel like it.

oh and as a side note... the guy at cabela's told me Indiana has a 3.5" blade length restriction unless you are carring it for hunting.:n00b:

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    i think i may be changing that from 4.5-5 to 4-4.5
    5" is a little long looking

im not sure yet how much i want to spend. i had $40 dollar budget in mind before i decided that i wanted a folder. if i find what i want id be willing to spend more of course.

and i was pretty sure the guy at Cabela's was wrong but i did go home and look it up first. he almost lost a sale b/c it. but really, they didnt have anything that interested me anyway.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I agree, 4-4.5 is a better choice. You can find something like you want in that price range.

I got a few I would sell in that price range if you ever get down this way. I use to sit up at gun shows and need to get rid of a lot of stock.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    a 4" blade is just about ideal. most is personal preference, but 4" folder will do just about any chore you don't need a fixed blade for.

around $40? hmmm........

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    $40 smalller knives are easy... larger ones tend to go up in price, more material more price... i'll bump around and see what i can find. there are a ton of great 4" knives out there, its just being in the right place at the right time.......

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    The SOG Fusion Salute is 3 3/4 inch, made with 8Cr13MoV, an excellent steel for ease of sharpening and edge retention, thumbstud is adjustable, scale are textured G-10...all for under 40 bucks.

TS-FUSION03_540.jpg

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    Straight edge.. For same reason above.. !!! Have you looked at the kershaw line of knives..?? You say you want to use it for a backup for your pistol. If it is something you might have to defend your life with, are you willing to trust a $40 knife( I know there are good $40 knives ). Buy the best you can. Look around, there are some great deals out there..!!

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    One more thought, you can still get Browning Ice Storms for under 40 bucks. These were made for Browning by Mcusta with laminated VG-10 blades and aluminum handles. They have a very low ride clip and all but disappear in the pocket.

ryanrw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Big fan of the Ka-Bar I've got. It was a gift. I've never had to sharpen it and it has gutted many deer. I don't think it was expensive.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Top Bottom